• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critique my form

tromak

Bogey Member
OK guys heres a video of me. After watching this and slowing it down to 25% i realize how bad i am but thats all the more reason to get some construcitve criticsm from you guys. Now this was shot about a month and a half ago when i was trying to learn the forehand hyzer flip and i didnt have anyone explaining to me how to do that so i was trying to twist the disc up to flat on probably 60 percent of these forehand shots. I have fixed that. So let me know. Im thowing consistently over 320 forehand and ive gotten my backhand up a little higher its just not as accurate. Here is the link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXv2d0hzuXc Man this is a pain on an i pad i hope it works. Tear into me guys.

FH not getting your weight forward(head over plant foot at release) and not leading enough with the shoulder/ not getting the elbow back far at reachback.

BH you are open at the plant and your head is facing forward. Close your stance at plant and keep your weight more centered. Pretty much any vids throughout here will help.

Nice thanks for the reply. What do you mean by open at the plant? I actually noticed that my head was facing forward while i was waiting for a reply on this i watched this slo mo video of Paul Mcbeth and it looks like he is looking at the ground. Obviously thats the right way to do it but what does that actually do for you? I know you want to say what does it matter just do it but im one of those guys that really likes to fully understand everything I'm doing. So on the forehand im dipping my throwing shoulder a little and basically i should get that forward and bring my head right along with it? Im assuming getting the elbow back will help me with snap?? Thanks a lot ive never had anyone actually tell me how to do this videos can only take you so far. thank you.

Turing the head back helps turn the hips/shoulders back without straining the neck. Open at the plant meaning facing the target (feet/hips/shoulder), so your levers have lost any elastic build up to push through impact.

FH I'd just say you want to lead more with the shoulder and whip the lower arm more.

Latest posts