• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

In the last month at the Sinks I have run into a garter snake, a black rat snake, a rough green snake, a large box turtle and a yellow jacket nest. It's been a busy month. I also hear tales of a very large owl on the back side of the course, but have yet to see it.

It's a bat! Pics forthcoming.

Not the best pic but here you go.

photo1gw.jpg

It counts double if Critter weighed about 100 pounds, had skin like leather, his wiry hair poked out from all around his trucker cap and he carried a large knife.

Me and brotherdave ran into some dreaded Lee County, NC meth addict, redneck, karate chopping zombies on Saturday. Scared the hell out of us. Wish I had a camera at the time. The knuckle-less, toothless bastard would have eaten us had we stuck around!

From February, 2010

I thought that I had already posted this but apparently not. We had a big snow storm (for our area) of just under 2 feet early in 2010. I didn't feel like staying inside one day and went up to Red Neck DGC in Confluence, PA http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3320 for some fun in the snow. I believe that it was about 40 degrees and sunny the day that I played. I had to see 100 or more of these little guys. What the heck were they doing out in this kind of snow/weather?

picture.php

Not the best pic but here you go.

photo1gw.jpg

you check his nose for White-nose syndrome? Just curious. The Forest service here has suspended caving in most of the National Forest caves because of this eastern fungal disease that they believe is highly contagious. They don't want it to spread this direction.

Cute little guy for all that.

you check his nose for White-nose syndrome? Just curious. The Forest service here has suspended caving in most of the National Forest caves because of this eastern fungal disease that they believe is highly contagious. They don't want it to spread this direction.

Cute little guy for all that.

I didn't check him. I was more worried about waking him up and somehow getting rabies (not to mention becoming a vampire). If I see him again I'll see what's up.

Plenty of racoons & gopher tortoises in the Orlando parks, but on the Friday before the Orlando Open and before the doubles round we saw a coyote. He was on T2 Hole 5 near the short pad heading toward the woods that goes along the fence that separates the park from the road. Not that much woods for them to live in so I was kinda shocked to see a coyote out there.

We've seen wild pigs out in F. Burton Smith Park in Cocoa. In fact they are populating and without predators will likely need to be addressed eventually. They had like 10 little piglets running around the mama pig when we saw them this past summer. I've seen deer out at F. Burton as well.. Plenty of snakes and alligators too.

Out at the Debary course I've come across pigmy rattlesnakes and we have a bald eagle nest on top of an enormous electrical tower that runs through the park. The eagle chicks are loud when calling for mama.

At Airport Lakes we get enormous orb spiders all throughout the course during the summer. Havent been out there since September. I hate spiders.. I'll take snakes over spiders anyday!

Today at lunch I got to watch a mama deer and two fawns at Jefferson Barracks. (This isn't unusual either. There's a lot of deer in that park.)

We have loads of red tail hawks and osprey but these mf'ers take the cake.

They're called "Yellow Garden Spiders" but they deserve a WAY gnarlier name.

Doesn't that zig zag pattern in the web mean that the spider is poisonous? I thought I heard that a long time ago.