• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

Ran into a black racer (about 4 ft long) today on my second time through the course. Makes me wonder how close I got to him the first time through.

One of the MANY deer I saw while playing Sam Masi, Friday evening:

attachment.php

Seemed like the does were hanging out at Masi, while the bucks were at Roscoe Ewing.

Attachments

• Deer on Masi #2.jpg
    Deer on Masi #2.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:
In the bamboo stand on the left side of the fairway on Renny Grey #2...my buddy's Boston Terrier went in ahead of us while we searched for my son's Warship. Never did find the plastic, but the pooch damn sure found a big fat Copperhead.
To be more specific, he found the snake's fangs with his left eye. Rushed to an emergency vet immediately, and made a full recovery. According to the dog-doc, it was merely a warning shot. Had the snake felt threatened for real, it would have unleashed a lot more of its venom. Which is good to know: my buddy came an inch or two from stepping directly on the thing.
Another fun detail is that we didn't know Odi had been fanged until an honest-to-Gahd LARPer took a break from his kilted-Viking duties to call out, "Hey, guys, you're dog's bleeding over here..."

Every day, I say a prayer to Thor in that man's honor.

I've been in that bamboo! It's pretty damn thick, but I did find my disc and a white Destroyer, glad I didn't find the copperhead!
My min. schnauzer would do the same thing, glad I don't take her with me.
:hfive:

I love my course.

The bald eagle was in the tree again by 17's basket today. It took off as I walked down the fairway. Next time I'll have my camera ready, probably tomorrow, lol!

saw a mink gnawing on a dead carp over the weekend. i was on the paddleboard looking for discs, so i didn't have a camera to snap a pic, or i would have... but looked like this guy
1200px-American_Mink.jpg

I have a suspicion that a mink got into my first chicken coop... It's the only animal that could have squeezed into a tiny gap. Could also have been a young raccon...maybe?

I have a suspicion that a mink got into my first chicken coop... It's the only animal that could have squeezed into a tiny gap. Could also have been a young raccon...maybe?

The way I understand it, a mink will kill all the chickens. Vicious little boogers. Don't know if a young raccoon could do that.

:begin
:Disc goes in water
:Is this Florida?
::Yes
:::Leave it
::No
:::Try and get it
:End

I've spent my fair share of time in that bamboo forest @ Renny... not fun. Glad I never ran into any copperheads there. I've seen copperheads at nearly all the other area courses. Doesn't surprise me they're @ Renny, too... Glad your four-legged friend is OK.

Having grown up in Florida, I'm pretty much on the same page as Noill here:

:begin
:Disc goes in water
:Is this Florida?
::Yes
:::Leave it
::No
:::Try and get it
:End

Avoiding injuries that make me feel stoopid (or worse) is the primary reason I carry a couple of different disc retrievers in my bag. You have to assume almost any body of water in FL contains at least one gator.

That better have been a ProtoStar Destroyer, or something.

Did he get his disc?

1) As far as personal finances go: medical deductible > cost of replacing even rare plastic
2) Extremities are OOP.

Last edited: