• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

I got to spend the weekend in Norcal and played 6 new courses. Didn't see too many critters except up in the Penn Valley and GRass Valley courses there were some unwashed bipeds that appeared to be people playing disc golf.

But at Stafford they have a ton of viscious little squirrels. As I was walking towards one tee box one of the little suckers just sat there and watched me. He or maybe she, was about 2 feet from the pad. As I got closer the little sucker rolled over on its back. Funny as hell. I think he wanted a belly rub like my dog. When I didn't oblige he just moved on down the fairway. They must be feeding the squirrels some good stuff up there. Or pumping some potent smoke down there holes.

Squirrels are awsome. The babies at the Z are just coming out of thier homes. I so want to feed/befriend some... but it's not good for them to be that comfortable around humans. My mom had one as a pet once. A guy who didn't know it ran up, kicked & killed him.

The best i have seen is 15 squrails in one spot and the priceless site for the break for cover when i disced them. :) I do see the rabbit and king snake too from time to time.

Mama Turtle and Her Eggy-Wegs.

Played Creek Ridge yesterday with GordonBombay. As we're walking down the fairway of #2, Mr. Bombay pointed out a boxer or painter turtle. As we got close, we realized it was laying eggs. It had a little hole dug, and was plopping eggs down and then covering them with loose dirt. It was really cool to witness. Since I had just gotten my newer, bigger bag (on it's maiden voyage that round) I had room to pack my camera. Thus, this time I actually got action shots! ;)

The first picture is of the hole. I didn't want to get too close and disturb mama, so I did my best from several feet bag using the zoom.

The second pic is one of mama mid-kick.

Awesomesauce!

Attachments

• 100_0681.jpg
    100_0681.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 100_0682.jpg
    100_0682.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 100_0680.jpg
    100_0680.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 39
I like turtles! ;)

I too... like turtles.

Played Creek Ridge yesterday with GordonBombay. As we're walking down the fairway of #2, Mr. Bombay pointed out a boxer or painter turtle. As we got close, we realized it was laying eggs. It had a little hole dug, and was plopping eggs down and then covering them with loose dirt. It was really cool to witness. Since I had just gotten my newer, bigger bag (on it's maiden voyage that round) I had room to pack my camera. Thus, this time I actually got action shots! ;)

The first picture is of the hole. I didn't want to get too close and disturb mama, so I did my best from several feet bag using the zoom.

The second pic is one of mama mid-kick.

Awesomesauce!

The cake is yours!

That is awesome. Ornate Box Turtle, I think, maybe Western Box. Do you think the eggs will be safe there? I would have been absolutley honored to see that happen.

I too... like turtles.

The cake is yours!

That is awesome. Ornate Box Turtle, I think, maybe Western Box. Do you think the eggs will be safe there? I would have been absolutley honored to see that happen.

I sure hope so. It was getting towards the end of the day, so I'm assuming she was able to finish off unmolested. Unfortunately, people walk their unleashed dogs along one side of that fairway relatively often (despite the law requiring animals to be leashed and the fact that there is a dedicated dog run :thmbdown: :mad:) I'm just hoping some douchebag's dog didn't see her before the eggs were safely in ground.

As far as once they hatch, they should have a pretty easy beeline back into the woods or the creek...

Mama didn't pick the best place, but then again, who knows what turtles are thinking...;)

Saw a Ribbon Snake on the course today. Tried to get a picture , but he moved to fast , and found a place to hide from me. Second time I have seen one at the Windwood course.

Killed this 4 footer out at Bear Branch Park in The Woodlands Texas.

Attachments

• downloadfile-10.jpg
    downloadfile-10.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 144
Damn. That looks kind of like one that we saw out there near hole #1 about a month ago.

Yeh I was walking down hole 10 from the top of the hill and saw it. Stopped in my tracks backed up and picked up a log. Killed it caveman style!!!!!!

Out here in So Cal, we were playing El Dorado this Sunday. I am a typical city boy. Yeah, we see lizards and stuff at some of our parks. El Dorado has TONS of squirrels. On hole 18, there was this one squirrel that was almost taking a "perimiter" type look at me, and was almost taunting me! Freaked me out!!! Freaking squirrel!!! LMAO

Out here in So Cal, we were playing El Dorado this Sunday. I am a typical city boy. Yeah, we see lizards and stuff at some of our parks. El Dorado has TONS of squirrels. On hole 18, there was this one squirrel that was almost taking a "perimiter" type look at me, and was almost taunting me! Freaked me out!!! Freaking squirrel!!! LMAO

My friends and I have a running bet for the first person to K.O. a squirrel with a disc. I have come as close as popping one in the tail.

Latest posts