• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

No, it's a rat snake. That one is over 6' long, I've seen another one that's a little shorter.

Yep, that's our buddy from Alexander Park. I took that pic right around the 6th hole basket.

Hahah, dang that is pretty crazy. I saw that snake on hole #5 probably 8 or 9 months ago. I have a video of it somewhere, I will see if I can find it.

Hahah, dang that is pretty crazy. I saw that snake on hole #5 probably 8 or 9 months ago. I have a video of it somewhere, I will see if I can find it.

Here he is in front of #3 basket at Alexander Park. Not sure if same snake, but good chance.

This is all I could find. I have a video somewhere of this guy taking off thru the woods. He is BIG.

Attachments

• snake at alexander.jpg
    snake at alexander.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 186
Here he is in front of #3 basket at Alexander Park. Not sure if same snake, but good chance.

This is all I could find. I have a video somewhere of this guy taking off thru the woods. He is BIG.

Yep. looks like our buddy. I would add that the #3 basket is very close to the #6 basket where I took my pic of him (that I posted here). So that's his 'territory'.

I did see a rat snake on hole #10 right at the woodline. #10 is a ways from #3 and #6, and that snake did not look as long as the one I posted. So yes, there is likely more than one of them sliding on by....

I almost stepped on this little guy at Stubb Stuart last weekend

Attachments

• 20160122_121935.jpg
    20160122_121935.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 229
I got chased off a hole the other day by an angry swan. Came back today to find it ripped to pieces with just the wings remaining intact. No idea what animal around here could have done it, I would have thought a swan would be far to big for a fox to take- it wasn't me in revenge honest!

I got chased off a hole the other day by an angry swan. Came back today to find it ripped to pieces with just the wings remaining intact. No idea what animal around here could have done it, I would have thought a swan would be far to big for a fox to take- it wasn't me in revenge honest!

Got any big cats in your area?

Also, a big enough bird of prey might slam-dance a swan.

As an aside, those swans can be mean. I saw a swan once go after some kids at a park. It was next to a lake the swan apparently lived in. I don't know if the swan was defending hatchlings or if one of the kids messed with it, but that swan meant business and he could've hurt a kid if he'd caught it... they were running away, and running scared...

LOL. That's a big snake. If my late buddy Dusty saw that snake on a course, he would never play that course again. EVER. He was scared to death of little 1-2 foot garter snakes.

I almost stepped on this little guy at Stubb Stuart last weekend
lots of newts out there this time of year
attachment.php

Attachments

• newt.jpg
    newt.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 393
LOL. That's a big snake. If my late buddy Dusty saw that snake on a course, he would never play that course again. EVER. He was scared to death of little 1-2 foot garter snakes.

Ditto that for tinhorndan. I've had to run multiple snakes (actually sticks) off of the course for him before. :p

We where having a safety meeting at hole 9 of seven oaks in Nashville and we saw a huge buck chasing a doe right across the fairway and then about ten seconds later a huge hawk cruised right across the same spot. It was an awesome sight!

Palmetto Bay Village Center course. I tried to frame a basket and the critter in the first picture. It's common to see a croc on this course, but this was the first time I have seen two.

Two holes later, I turned over my drive just a little too much and ended up in the water. Usually I swim for discs, but I decided to leave this one.

Attachments

• 20160326_123653.jpg
    20160326_123653.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 208
  • 20160326_123256.jpg
    20160326_123256.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 220
  • 20160326_123212.jpg
    20160326_123212.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 183
At Barber Park in Greensboro, NC, this weekend there was a new hazard on hole 14. Someone evidently tried to bury a medium dog (on hard packed ground basically en route from 14's basket to the next hole) and then tried to burn it. So there's just a bloated dog with its hair scorched off lying there. :gross:

Nice owl. I wonder if he was waiting to eat this little guy. I think this snake is called a Grey Racer. Quite small, and I came within 3 feet on a putt. I'm glad I didn't hit him!

Attachments

• 20160402_101422.jpg
    20160402_101422.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 124
Ran across this grouse at Milo at the end of February, Hole 8 of BSF West. Started stalking me by the bathrooms before chasing me down the fairway. Couldn't stop giggling like a school girl...

Last edited by a moderator:
http://imgur.com/KPcbURQ

My brother and I have gone discing the past 3 days and every time we have seen a little brown toad on nearly the same hole. This is the best picture I could get of him. We saw a deer yesterday but couldn't get a picture.

It's nice to see some wildlife out on the course :thmbup:.

Edit - For some reason my image wasn't showing directly? I don't know why.

Last edited:

Latest posts