• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Crosswind

left to right- overstable hard, low and flat

right to left-flick hard, low and flat

oh but in your case right to left-go with your understable. throw hard, i usually dont get too worried about keeping it that low for some reason

Next question, would it be more beneficial for another female to teach me? Tfire goes straight for the hole while sometimes it's better for me to go half way for better accuracy versus trying for distance and my disc going crazy. Im wondering if having someone with similar throwing abilities help me would be better.

Yes. While playing casual dubs, my partner (with 15 years experience) was giving some quick instruction the female member of our opposition. I have never heard the throwing motion described as dancing before, but it made sense to them.

For a right handed player:

Left to right crosswind = an overstable driver thrown backhand flat or anny, or else a neutral mid thrown forehand either hyzer or flat, depending on line.

Right to left crosswind = an understable mid thrown backhand either hyzer or flat, or else an overstable driver thrown forehand and flat or anny, depending on line.

Last edited:
There's a non-zero chance that Tfire and His.old.lady are one person with two browsers.

Technically we are one person. Sometimes I even call my right hand Ashley. J/k

Seriously though, she is playing in her first tourney in a couple weeks and I get to caddy for her. It's going to be epic!

Funny story. She was scared to post the first time because of the d bags that creep in, so I did actually help her out. Now if I can just convince her to make a video so that sidewinder22 can help her out I will be happy. JenB, tell her it needs to happen.

You have a beard? Don't tell me your turning lesbian, and your gonna leave me, and I end up getting two pdga numbers!

She also keeps releasing with anny. Any good drills for getting her to release flat? I think she is rolling her wrist over. Even when she leans forward over the disc.

If/ when I get a number and go lesbian the number and discs go with me... You can have the kids lol jk.

Left to right, you can also throw a neutral disc as a slight anny with the nose down. That's another option. If it's blustering wind, forget about that.

Read Ron Convers's article about throwing in the wind.