• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cubby on PDGA.com

I have 2 aces, but one doesn't count in my mind. The good ace was 3rd hole, 283 ft, and part of a scored round. My "Cubby Ace" was on hole #1 and about the 5th throw. Kinda like repeatedly hitting the reset button to get a good start to the round.

Throwing a disc from the tee to the basket in one motion is pretty special. I commemorate all of my tee-to-basket shots by recording the details on my disc. I've done it 7 times on my (short) local course, but only two "count" as aces where I was playing a round, keeping score, and abiding by rules. Of those two, only one was witnessed by another player on the card with me. The rest I notate as "cubbies" where I kept throwing out of frustration or excitement. Unlike some of our more modest and restrained posters, I don't have a hard time working them into conversation!

I'm gonna go load up on putters right now, and see if I can't go get another one! Who cares if you see me do it? I'll be happy to blather on about it if we get together on the course...

Basket ace?

as opposed to a fairway ace, in which you throw directly from the tee to the fairway in one throw. i have tons of those. i also have a bunch of rough aces, which is unfortunate, and way more "tree aces" than i would like

Basket ace?

as opposed to a fairway ace, in which you throw directly from the tee to the fairway in one throw. i have tons of those. i also have a bunch of rough aces, which is unfortunate, and way more "tree aces" than i would like

No---as opposed to tone pole and object-course aces, from decades ago when those were the only courses to play. I don't count those, partly 'cause I can't remember which holes they were on, and partly because---it was Frisbee golf. :eek:

But I didn't say his aces were ace-race aces---I said his aces are like [resemble] ace-race aces---thrown for the purpose of making an ace, and not during the playing of a regular round[one disc per throw].
Thing is, even in an Ace Race, you only get one crack at each basket per round.

I think what you're trying to say is that his aces are thrown for the purpose of getting them documented on camera, and unless you have Bryan Cranston's pizza slinging skills, that's mighty difficult to do in one take.

Latest posts