• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dan Beto - Throw Analysis 2

A little bit of bend is necessary for good hyzers

edit; bradley walker's link from snap 2009 thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmoaExn22rc

that's hyzer form.

That's a lot of hyzer in that video of the Am Worlds though. He's throwing a flippy disc with power that comes up and flips over, then comes back at the end.

I'd say that's more like spike hyzer form for normal use or normal for open hole distance. I'd guess that you don't throw that many shots with that much hyzer. Just slight bend at the waist or just letting the disc sit hyzer in your hand will work well for many shots.

I was always under the impression that to throw a good hyzer you wanted to bend at the waist?? Is this wrong?

you have to bend in order to get your shoulders parallel to the disc plane at your reach back. however, when you throw a hyzer, the shoulder unfolds across the axis (rather than around). dan's form in the video sets up okay for this.

however, when throwing closer to flat, dan was bending at the waist and then rotating around the axis with a bent waist. this prevents the disc from getting to the big power positions and is slow. because he has great snap timing he was still going 400' like that, but not 500'.

Here's a great link from the Snap 2009 thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL2RNcy0_qo&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FHambrickMemorial2009&feature=player_profilepage

Avery's loooooonnnng hyzer. You'll see he's a little bent over, but not as much as GG in the distance throw. You can also see he's got the wing down a bit, too, as the disc is angled as long as you can see it. This is the golf shot vs GG's distance shot.

hey for the next DannyBoy analysis vid can we get a top down view?.....when JR posted his it was really interesting to see when where and how his joints bent during the throw.....and if we can find a ladder tall enough to get safely over the top of our giant sized golden boy i think we can see his physiological breakdown pretty accurately.....just a thought

i do realize that a top down view has it's restraints but maybe if we used a tree or bucket truck.....hmmmm

good slingin there btw dannyboy

keltik said:
hey for the next DannyBoy analysis vid can we get a top down view?.....when JR posted his it was really interesting to see when where and how his joints bent during the throw.....and if we can find a ladder tall enough to get safely over the top of our giant sized golden boy i think we can see his physiological breakdown pretty accurately.....just a thought

i do realize that a top down view has it's restraints but maybe if we used a tree or bucket truck.....hmmmm

good slingin there btw dannyboy

I need to find a better place to video from and throw rested. Those throws were very poor and not totally representative of my form. I wasn't totally strong arming (and couldn't have due to exhaustion) but there was too much of that definitely. Too bad I'm tied up at work :-( With luck something may happen on the latter half of August when the best players of the world are coming to town and I have some time off (with luck).

Dan Beto, Dan Beto! This is the 3rd website's forum I've found where you are a topic!

11 pages of google too, blogs you name it! whoa

http://www.google.com/search?q=dan+beato+disc&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&start=10&sa=N

this is in response to BU's video shot of avery's hyzer.

yes, in order to throw great hyzer shots you have to be bending a little bit at the waist but not as much as i was. as you can see in my video and in his video, i am by far leaning more than avery is. avery is standing more upright than i am. i am almost ready to fall over.

as in response to keltik and a few other guys i am going to borrow my gf's camera so i can shoot another video of my "fixed" throw and a top view for you guys.

i will figure something out with that angle.

i shall sling more, Thanks!

as in response to keltik and a few other guys i am going to borrow my gf's camera so i can shoot another video of my "fixed" throw and a top view for you guys.

Bring the camera next Monday, S can get some Farm footage too!

Your throws are freakin awesome Dan, thanks for the lesson!

the farm doesnt have enough room to open up at. at most would be 460' 480' tops, then i would be hitting buildings.

Latest posts