• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] DareDevil Discs

roggenb3

* Ace Member *
Anyone have any Daredevil discs?

Been thinking about picking some up from MS. I think they are mainly an Ultimate disc company, but they have a surprising number of molds (12 I believe, 3 putters, 3 mids, 3 fairways, and 3 distance drivers). Just looking for some info on what their discs are like and what their plastics are like. Cool names and stamps for most of them too - who doesn't want a Caribou? or a Swift Fox?

It's hard to tell from their website, but I think they have 3 lines of plastic - High Performance, Flex, and Grip. More info on this would be cool.

http://daredevildiscs.com/index.php?page=long-distance-drivers

http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/category/VDAR/Daredevil-Discs/1.html

I was at MS a few weeks ago, and they had all the Daredevil molds...except the Beaver, which was the only one I wanted.

The plastic felt good, although the Flex was a bit TOO flexy for my taste. None of the plastic felt special in the hand...

I got a Timberwolf on a whim when I was making a Marshall Street order awhile back. Plastic wasn't anything great, but it did fly nice. Almost like a SOLS. Thought about getting a Polar Bear for my daughter but she has plenty of putters already.

I have a polar bear and its pretty good. Stable enough to drive but neutral enough to anny approach

I have a Sasquatch. Interesting disc. It has a a lot of high speed turn but fades really hard too. Would call it a 13/5/-3/3. Really nice looking s-turns

I have a Wolverine (doesn't seem right, given my location). I love the stamp, and use it as an OS fairway driver on my limited-disc rounds with the Nutsac. I like the disc a lot, it's pretty predictable and seems to be high quality.

I wouldn't mind trying some of their other discs out.

CrowLegs: if you get a chance, try out the Timberwolf. I think it will be a good compliment to the Wolverine. Maybe a little farther.

Just added 4 molds with 2.0 rims so about speed 10.

Added Buffalo, Mammoth, Onopogo and Sabertooth from Daredevil Discs as of 11-1-2014.

Never thrown a Daredevil disc, surprised to see them pushing out more molds.

The Sasquatch is described as overstable, yet the numbers are 11 5 -5 1. I assume the turn number is a typo?

I got a Timberwolf on a whim when I was making a Marshall Street order awhile back. Plastic wasn't anything great, but it did fly nice. Almost like a SOLS. Thought about getting a Polar Bear for my daughter but she has plenty of putters already.

timberwolf was awesome i used to have one

I have thrown an extensive amount of their plastic and I can say after one round you may have an unusable disc. They do not absorb damage well whatsoever and any large contact may completely alter the flight of the disc. This is true for the 5 molds I have thrown many times

I have a Sasquatch. Interesting disc. It has a a lot of high speed turn but fades really hard too. Would call it a 13/5/-3/3. Really nice looking s-turns

T've thrown a Sasquatch a few times, but I don't quite have the arm for it... so I wouldn't rate it quite so understable. Still a fun disc, though.

Their ultimate disc is quite excellent as well; on par with Discraft's Ultrastar.

The new discs are really solid. I don't like the feel of their existing drivers (Sasquatch, Yeti, Bigfoot) because they feel too sharp on the underside for me, but the new drivers feel glorious.

I've tested all 4 prototypes, and they're the same mould with different plastics. They're comparable to Champion, Pro, DX, and a 4th gummy blend. The Buffalo (DX-type) is only available in weights in the 160s. Throwing a gummy driver is an interesting feeling, reminiscent of the Skyquest discs I've owned. They'd be great in cold weather or when you need a drive to hit and stick.

All 4 drivers are overstable, with the gummy Ogopogo and the Buffalo being just regular-stable. The Sabertooth and Mammoth feel like a firebird with a little more glide.