• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Dart Fans Post Here!

Dave Dunapaice [sp?] owner of Innova uses a star Dart as his putter, for what that's worth.
I'm using an Aviar, but I tried an R-pro Dart. Too floppy for me. I like a stiff putter [TWSS!]. I'd like to try some stiffer Dart though

Dart is the best putter in my opinion, I never got the feel for aviars. The dart fills all of my shots except for the rhyno on windy days.

If you havnt thrown a dart I highly suggest you go get a star dart or a r pro, I personally prefer star though.

I like putting with my Dart, but it takes some getting used to. It is NOT a push-putting putter. It's great on short drives, approaches and spin putting. But it has almost no glide. Or fade, for that matter. If you don't give it enough rotation, it will just drop like a stone before it reaches the basket. Which is also good for stalling putts on tricky hills and such. It has a lot of uses, and that's why it's in my bag. But as a pure putting putter, it's not going to work well for a lot of people.

I like putting with my Dart, but it takes some getting used to. It is NOT a push-putting putter. It's great on short drives, approaches and spin putting. But it has almost no glide. Or fade, for that matter. If you don't give it enough rotation, it will just drop like a stone before it reaches the basket. Which is also good for stalling putts on tricky hills and such. It has a lot of uses, and that's why it's in my bag. But as a pure putting putter, it's not going to work well for a lot of people.

I disagree. I use it for driving, I can get it out to 280 feet(not that I use it for that far out but I can). Then I use it for all of my putts, its an awesome disc.

I disagree. I use it for driving, I can get it out to 280 feet(not that I use it for that far out but I can). Then I use it for all of my putts, its an awesome disc.

Which part are you disagreeing with? I use a Dart for putting too, I was just pointing to some of the common issues I see people experience with it and then they give the disc a bad rep.

It is a different grip (hand/finger position) compared to an Aviar.

The Dart is also a nice shot shapable disc.

I use it for a long high anny that straightens out and hover stops down.

The chains love eating Darts at high speeds, I think it is the domey top that deflects it down into the basket.

I just thought it was another putter overshadowed by the Aviar, it isn't.

It isn't just another putter.

Dunipace uses it?

Cool.

I have a 138g that works super well for long approaches, my 150g for driving and general purpose and a nice Star 168g for close around the pin duties.

Could not get used to the rim. Seemed really nose angle sensitive for a putter so it got dropped like a turd. They are fairly neat discs though.

Could not get used to the rim. Seemed really nose angle sensitive for a putter so it got dropped like a turd. They are fairly neat discs though.

That's what my old pro friend says, he doesn't like them at all.

However, they work really well for me after a few weeks I've improved my approach shots. It's the disc, not me, it is more controllable for me.

It's a disc that I am learning to really like.

The guy who said it was sneaky long, I got that.

It was the first putter I bought and now own 12. I carry a star and glitter champ at all times. I find the champ ones a touch more on the overstable side of things. I use the champ for windy putts and as my driving dart. I have a stash of r-pro darts to use in the cold and winter weather.

It's great on short drives, approaches and spin putting. But it has almost no glide. Or fade, for that matter. If you don't give it enough rotation, it will just drop like a stone before it reaches the basket. Which is also good for stalling putts on tricky hills and such. It has a lot of uses, and that's why it's in my bag. But as a pure putting putter, it's not going to work well for a lot of people.

I agree. I used them for a couple of years and do think they're a decent disc especially for beginners or softer throws. Lots of utility and good uses for it. That said, I much prefer the XD for a similar shallow disc like this. If anyone's interested, I still have a nice green echostar Dart 8.5/10 that could use a loving home.

Agreed there, too. They're certainly not very friendly to poor form, especially when given a little juice, but that's exactly what should be expected from a shallow 0,0 disc.

I have gone from a - dx 150 aviar p&a (my first) putter, to a pro-d 168 maganet, to a dx 174 XD (my current fav.) --- but I'm trying a R-pro 172 Dart
but the Dart hasnt won my affection from my XD ,yet
but I do like the R-Pro plastic better than the Dx plastic

if they made a R-Pro 175 XD I would be happy

I took about a year hiatus from DG and when my cousin picked up the sport and wanted someone to play with I was in. Problem was, my old putter (wizard) had become my dogs long range exhaustion toy... since my local park only carried innova (and only carried the dart as a putter) thats what I got.

First week of light play I was hitting long range anhyser putts pretty frequently (more than I was used to at least). So I was loving the dart.

Now, 3 months into use, its gotten beat in and I rarely miss from the 10-15 foot range (which makes me very happy, and super confident in that range).

It could be all in my head, but the dart just feels right and I trust it if that makes sense. Just orded and echo star dart... very excieted.

I had a Star Dart that I used for all putts period. Sunday it fell to it's depths after I overshot a basket at Windwood church. I was money within 20' of the basket with it. I'm probably going to get a new Star Dart because it was that good, if anyone has any nice Star Darts 7-8/10ish I will give you a fair offer!

I definitely love mine. I have the R-pro and i use it for upshots and mid range putts because it just sticks and doesn't bounce away. Maybe my favorite disc in my bag.

Gave mine to my brother, he likes it
Now im going to try magics, so far so good, still like the xd

I would probably putt with a Dart if I had smaller hands, and it definitely is sneaky long when thrown.

But it lost its spot in the bag to MVP.

:thmbup:

Started off with the Dart and liked it early on, but never reached that great level of confidence with it for actual putting. Came a time when I had to look at my putting game and make some changes. Tried quite a few popular putters before settling on the MVP Anode. The Anode feels much better in my hands and my confidence level reached a new high.

But that is why they make so many discs, just have to find the one that works for you regardless of name or manufacturer. Majority of my Star Darts were inked so I didnt think I could sell them, ended up giving most of them away. Fun to hand them out when you see families with kids out playing. Think I kept 2 for myself and stashed them away.

I have an R-Pro Dart addiction. I only own two (one is fresh. too cold to go throw it. boo.), but it is hard to not buy more when I find my weight.

I love them for short approaches, but sometimes aim wrong and yell at them to turn. Which is dumb because they don't fade.

I think I am going to PIAS tonight to pick up a DX Dart if they have one in 175g. :thumbup:

Give that dx a good once over before you buy it, I have owned many darts and all of the dx's have been extremely domey and feel quite different in the hand than a typical R-pro or star. BTW I like a good flat echo star the best followed by a flat regular star but carry neither

Latest posts