• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dave Feldberg resigns from PDGA Board

i just wonder what kind of change he could bring if he was bringing it on his own unindebted.

for so many people with so much love for the game this is a story. a story with lots of different levels and thats whether anyone wants to write or read about it or not. as it is i think its a shame but am unoptomistically hoping for the best.

Best of luck to Dave with lat 64. I dont know anything about Dave's character but i love watching him play(in videos lol) and his clinic videos are very informative and entertaining imo. I look forward to watching him tear it up with some swedish beauties!

oh the old what have you done for the derp post.

im not gonna argue with you or publish a resume to justify the privilege of replying to the topic. ive put dave up a number of times. im a friend a fan. he knows how i feel and we both now ive been wrong before. meh.

i thought this was a topic for discussion. what have you done to be in the position to determine what type of comment someone else would find insulting?
I guess no thread here can actually be anything but a bitchfest. Feel free to dump all over your friend. You'll get no more protest from me.

I suppose I should thank all the others Board members too, so: thank you one and all.

As for Feldberg - I really don't follow who's up to what in the sport, but all this speculation... 16 years is a pretty long time. Isn't it possible he just got tired of doing it and dealing with the politics that inevitably comes with any type of board position anywhere? Sometimes, it's hard to maintain the enthusiasm it takes to put forth the effort - maybe he just had enough.

Marketplace

Well , I'm trolling the marketplace for a HUGE bag FULL of discs for sale !

Thanks Dave , still digesting the putting video and I wish you the best in your new endevours !

And if you want to unload your bunch of discs , pm me !

Sorry all , trying to lighten up the thread !

The Borg will assimilate ! :thmbup:

People get on the bus, people get off the bus. I wish him the best.

It is entertaining that people get so worried that someone might be saying something offensive about a top pro.

If it doesn't move money, let it roll.

hmm, i ran into feldberg out at hornings a few years ago and not only did we end up playing a round together but the whole time he gave me instruction and pointers which he normally gets like 75 an hour for, personally i think besides being a great player, he is also an excellent teacher of the game as well as an ambassador that could help to further expand the sports reach. Really fun guy to hang with, at least that day he was...

I am sad that Dave is leaving the board. I know people can rub others the wrong way from time to time but I do not think that is a reason to stop fighting for the sport you love at the highest level. I hope that Dave continues to love this game and continues to work for the growth of the sport.

Clearly there have been some burnt bridges in Dave's life recently and I hope he can move past and not let those things affect the way he plays.

Too much information.

Dave's not on the PDGA board anymore... OK. No biggie.

Dave is a great player... No kidding.

Dave is now with Lat64... probably a good move for him and Lat64.

Changing scenery and starting something new will usually improve anyone that does it. Good for Dave.

^^^^ Agreed and props to Prerube for keeping it positive and respectful :hfive:

Who will innova pick to replace him?

Word is they'll be first polling their most loyal fans---the ones willing to nickname themselves after Innova products---but limited to those who have shown willingness to personally volunteer as board members in the past, so it shouldn't take too long.

Wow the flamers on this site are just astounding. Dave has done more for this sport than anyone that has posted in this thread collectively. I hope he gets some time to be with lat and help to grow the, to the top manufacturer. I wish Dave all the luck in the world. Thanks for being a great ambassador and good luck in 13. Flamers get a life, get out from behind your keyboard and go throw.

If we want disc golf to progress to a "real" sport, we HAVE to know every little detail about the high end athletes. We must know why they do what they do and dig up any sort of rumors we can find. The lack of the paparazzi is our sport is what is holding us back!

Word is they'll be first polling their most loyal fans---the ones willing to nickname themselves after Innova products---but limited to those who have shown willingness to personally volunteer as board members in the past, so it shouldn't take too long.

theres-a-chance-o.gif

Sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

That's all there is to it.

Best of luck to you Dave, if you're lurking.