• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

daveob3's Reinvention Bag

daveob3

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 4.5 years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: RH
Throwing Style: Solely OH for first 4 years, just recently been transitioning to BH within the last 6 months, some FH, still OH regularly
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: BH: Ion: 175/200'; Buzzz: 230/260'; Teebird: 260/290' OH: Banshee: 275/300'
* Max distance is the greatest distance you can throw with any regularity

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: None
Other sport proficiencies?: Soccer, Baseball, Football
Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
169 Champ Banshee: OH distance, hyzers, wind
170 DX Teebird: main BH driver, fairly beat
173 Champ Eagle-L: Straight, accurate OH shots
167 Pro Leopard: Turnovers, learning to hyzer-flip

Mids:
174 DX Gator: overstable/hyzer approaches, wind
173 Z Buzzz: Dead straight up to '250, becoming main driver
173 GL Fuse: turnover approaches

Putters:
175 M Ion, textured: putter, approaches up to 100-125'

I've been playing for several years, but up until this past summer I threw all OH. I've been trying to develop a better backhand to save my arm and become better overall. Unfortunately, going to school in the inner city, I don't get to practice much unless I go home to the suburbs, and I don't have much of a budget for purchasing new discs, but I've been getting the itch. Does anyone have any suggestions? Would you suggest adding in a disc or two, or maybe just purchasing some backups? I can really only afford maybe 2 new discs at this point unfortunately.

I'm thinking of picking up a backup Ion (those glow ones look sweet) and maybe like a short fairway or tweener like a squall or gazelle or something like that. Any other suggestions? Do I have any holes?

Honestly, your bag looks pretty solid. As to additions, I wouldn't worry about the Squall/Gazelle; between the Buzzz and Teebird/Leopard you have that covered pretty well. A backup Ion would be a good idea, and if you wanted to you might add in another DX Teebird for a little more stability.

If anything, grab a couple extra ions in the same weight to make putting practice more efficient, and to do some field practice with. The ion is a great driving putter and if you learn to push it out a little further you'll see improvements in how you throw your other discs. Otherwise that's a pretty solid setup, I wouldn't add other molds to the mix at the moment.

^what they said.

Also, I think DaveOB should probably be my nick name. :( :rolleyes:

^what they said.

Also, I think DaveOB should probably be my nick name. :( :rolleyes:

Thanks guys, I'll probably just pick up an Ion or two or another Teebird because mine is getting slighty beat. What newer Ion would be most identical to the old textured one that I have?

And sorry about that BrotherDave :) actually that could be my nickname too :rolleyes:

I would maybe get either a star or champ teebird/Eagle X, they would be a good spot in between the eagle L and banshee. The Leopard and the DX teebird might have some overlap, especially as the DX bird gets beat more. The DX Gator is probably good now as an OS utility mid, but later as it beats in you might want to get a more durable OS mid in Star/ESP/Champ/Z plastic that will stay that way for a long time. Also, getting a few of the same putter is an excellent suggestion, putting practice is easier and it will help with field work.

a new dx teebird in the same weight and a few more ions, as mentioned above. your setup is solid. don't add any new molds.