• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] DD Judge Vs. Yeti Pro Aviar

Greenleaf

Sorry if this has been done before, I haven't seen it.

I love the Yeti 3x Aviar, I putt well with it. However, the new 4x run are just not the same.

I am looking for a replacement. I have heard the Judge is very similar and you can find them with the concave flight plate. Can anyone provide some meaningful clarification on how they may be similar or different?

Would classic or classic blend be more similar to the early run 3x plastic?

Thanks!

The judge is not even close, and i doubt you will find any with a concave top. Id say try a Pa3 if youre not quite digging the Yeti.

The judge is going to feel a lot deeper to you....I wouldn't really compare the two for other reasons as well. The Judge is great though if you like it.

The judge is not even close, and i doubt you will find any with a concave top. Id say try a Pa3 if youre not quite digging the Yeti.

I have a couple white, blend judges that are concave, not quite yeti concave but definitely a great comparison/transition. My wife throws yetis and I have no problem grabbing a stack of those to practice with along with my judges.

I have a couple white, blend judges that are concave, not quite yeti concave but definitely a great comparison/transition. My wife throws yetis and I have no problem grabbing a stack of those to practice with along with my judges.

You made me realize that my experience may be slightly skewed. I could see some of the softer runs being more similar. I only throw stiff judges and the stiffs always feel a bit more deeper and a tad bulkier.

Agree 100% with dekdo.

Pa3 and also consider the new Westside Medium Shield, they are from the Trilogy Challenge earlier this year, not hard to find.

You made me realize that my experience may be slightly skewed. I could see some of the softer runs being more similar. I only throw stiff judges and the stiffs always feel a bit more deeper and a tad bulkier.

Yea, my classics are definitely NOT concave. And even the softs are bulkier/deeper than the blends. Blend > greatest plastic on the greatest putter.

The judge is going to feel a lot deeper to you....I wouldn't really compare the two for other reasons as well. The Judge is great though if you like it.

Deeper? You think the judge is a deeper profile? Huh, I never thought that. If anything I think the judge feels slimmer.

That said it's going to be hard to find a judge that is concave. Plenty are flat but they are straighter when new and have more glide than a yeti pro I think.

The westside shield really reminded me of a yeti pro maybe slightly more OS but very close. I'd give one of those a shot.

What don't you like about them? Too hard, too soft? What?

A little bit of info as to what's wrong may help in suggestions.

Similar might be the JK Aviar, (has a bead and is softer)
R-Pro Aviar (Softer with no bead)

I have over a dozen Judges in various plastics and not a single one is concave. I have a JK Aviar that is concave like the Yeti's, and it is deeper and more stable than any Judge I've ever used.

I switched from 3x yetis to SS wizards right when the 4x yetis came out. It didn't take much adjusting and I was making more putts from outside 30 ft then I ever did with a yeti

I like the shallower rim of the Yeti. I don't like how stiff and slick the new 4x are. Most notably the 3x that I am throwing have a stiff rim but somewhat softer flight plate. The plastic is chalky and rubbery. I have a KC but not very fond of it.

Thanks for all the help!