• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dealing with the county

From what I can tell, the counties hands are tied. It sounds like they send an Insurance Risk Analyst to a random park once a year. This year just happened to be the year they picked the county park with a disc golf course. It sounds like their hands are tied to whatever is in the Risk Analyst report. We are by no means trying to work against the county, the have worked with the club for many years. Just an unfortunate situation that we can hopefully resolve to suit the best interests of both parties.

Who says you cant just pretend its not organized and you all just happen to be playing at the same time? What are they going to do call you liars?

Who says you cant just pretend its not organized and you all just happen to be playing at the same time? What are they going to do call you liars?

The problem with that is they might decide that it's too much of a risk and pull the course. It doesn't take rocket scientist to tell the difference between random players and a more organized group. I would hold a fundraising tourney to cover the cost for the first year of coverage and then build in an amount that people pay in before each week of dubs to cover the next year. As time goes on I think more and more government entities will require insurance for clubs to use courses. We can thank the people who like to file frivolous law suits for this.

We charge a dollar more at weekly events for non-members and use the proceeds for insurance and course maintanence, $25 a year to join and we give you a numbered bag tag This tag is also used for tag challenges, fun to have the #1 tag, has been a while....