• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Definition of a Touring Pro

I was browsing the old skills gap thread, and thinking... What's the current disc golf equivalent of a PGA tour professional? There seem to be a handful of DGPT regulars that finish in the bottom 10, so playing alone in the elite tournaments isn't it. Should we measure it by rating, world ranking (is that going to get updated again?), wins, DGPT/NT tour standing? Curious about everyones thoughts.

In the past I would have said 1000 rated (which would have been most likely been on the list in the 2019 world ranking, I don't see anything below 1000), but I'm not sure that's it. I think 1025+ would be there, but what about 1020 or 1015. Is rating the right measure, or should we look at DGPT/NT/Major performance, which points to world ranking, unless you don't play in a ton of events.

I would consider somebody a touring pro if they were playing multiple events on the DGPT or on the NT during a season. Skill does not factor into whether or not somebody is a touring pro

I was browsing the old skills gap thread, and thinking... What's the current disc golf equivalent of a PGA tour professional? There seem to be a handful of DGPT regulars that finish in the bottom 10, so playing alone in the elite tournaments isn't it. Should we measure it by rating, world ranking (is that going to get updated again?), wins, DGPT/NT tour standing? Curious about everyones thoughts.

In the past I would have said 1000 rated (which would have been most likely been on the list in the 2019 world ranking, I don't see anything below 1000), but I'm not sure that's it. I think 1025+ would be there, but what about 1020 or 1015. Is rating the right measure, or should we look at DGPT/NT/Major performance, which points to world ranking, unless you don't play in a ton of events.

The PDGA has a list of "Premier Pros". All details are here:

https://www.pdga.com/pdga-documents/touring-pros/current-list-of-touring-pros