• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Des Reading shoots 1039 rated round, one of the top rated rounds all time for women

discger

So today at the Texas Women's Championships, Des Reading shot a 44 in the first round, 1039 rated, and 7 strokes ahead of Paige Pierce. From what I have found online, this is about the 5th highest rated round of all time for a woman http://www.pdga.com/ratings/top-10-best-rounds-ever-5-ssa-ranges-men-women. I found a round last year that Paige shot a 1040 rated round, and maybe Cat has one too since this list has been updated.

If Paige, Val or Cat had done this, it would still be impressive, but I guess not as newsworthy. It's been a while since Des has thrown a 1000 rated round. I thought the TD might have mistyped her score in the first round when they updated round 1, (maybe she had actually shot a 54), but the 44 remained after round 2 was updated, with Des still leading Paige by 2.

http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/19947

Holy smokes! I've heard nothing but great things about the Readings. Congrats, Des!

Now let's hope she keeps the momentum going.

Yep. This would be the highest rated round by a woman in the under 48 SSA category of courses.

Whoa whoa whoa. We're not talking about this?

lOup20h.jpg

Looks like it might be a 9-hole round and it wasn't set that way during the upload. And 9-hole rounds don't get official ratings.

The juniors did play 9 holes today. Under 10 years old! :thmbup:

Rain has kept anyone from playing the Wilco course, seems like it will be Cat Hollow (Brushy Creek MUD on here) all the rounds.

I'm pretty sure they're mssing a big one. Catrina Allen shot 1058 rated in the Semis at Charlotte Worlds

http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/10864

Cat Allen's 44 at Bradford Shorts was the record for course SSA 48-54.
It appears that Wilco has a course SSA of just over 55, and Des's 1039 would be the rcord in that range if that score stands as official. But you are right in that 1039 is third highest listed. The 1058 & 1048 that bested her 1039 are both in SSA <54. Plus the list was last updated in December 2013, there's still 1 1/2 years missing.

If you look at the unofficial ratings, the SSA would come in under 48 on the course Des had the unofficial 1039.

Just want to say a big CONGRATS to Des.
Not many DG people nicer or more deserving.
Go get 'em, Des!!

What a badass. Good for her, she is one of the nicest DGers ive had the pleasure of meeting

You should write SpinTV and state such. SpinTV is great, but that's why I love McFly, he films the ladies!

except now he just films Prodigy "ladies" ... Terry Miller and smashboxx always try to get in some love for the ladies but viewers often bitch about it, lol..... :doh: Its fun to watch players closer to most around here's skillset shape shorter shots IMO.

YOU HEAR THAT SPINTV!

Latest posts