• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

That stamp would be fine as a tour series, but I was personally anticipating something a little more "traditional" for the regular production sig disc. (And by traditional, I mean take the McBeth stamp, replace McBeth's signature with Ricky's, and replace "4X" with "2X".)

Couldn't care less about the stamp. What stamp has ever made a disc fly any better?

I just cant justify buying a disc with an ugly stamp. Id like to support Ricky but I just cant with that stamp. I tend not to buy skeet discs or les white stamps because Im not a fan of the style. Just give me something plain and simple. I dont throw stock destroyers anyway but I do like to stash good runs when I find them.

I just cant justify buying a disc with an ugly stamp. Id like to support Ricky but I just cant with that stamp. I tend not to buy skeet discs or les white stamps because Im not a fan of the style. Just give me something plain and simple. I dont throw stock destroyers anyway but I do like to stash good runs when I find them.

Innova will most likely still produce bottom stamp Star Destroyers. You can't get much simpler than that.

Better living through chemistry: acetone continues to make ugly stamps into invisible stamps. :thmbup:

Again, my point was that the stamp does nothing to make a disc fly, and the flight is the point of the mold...

Well folks sure are spending some $ on trying to win raffles of the new Ricky W. stamped Destroyers!

Funny thing is....you can buy them from Innova Pro Shop for stock prices.

The flippers are racking it in. SMH

Well folks sure are spending some $ on trying to win raffles of the new Ricky W. stamped Destroyers!

I'll never understand the hysteria every time a new disc comes out. Just wait a couple weeks and the market will be flooded with those Destroyers at regular prices. I guess everyone just has to be the first person with a new disc.

I'll never understand the hysteria every time a new disc comes out. Just wait a couple weeks and the market will be flooded with those Destroyers at regular prices. I guess everyone just has to be the first person with a new disc.

And this despite Innova making a point to come out and say the new Wysocki stamp is the stock stamp going forward... :\ :popcorn:

And this despite Innova making a point to come out and say the new Wysocki stamp is the stock stamp going forward... :\ :popcorn:

Well this is unfortunate. It's a nice stamp, but I don't like it for a production run signature disc. I prefer the clean look of the regular ones.

Well this is unfortunate. It's a nice stamp, but I don't like it for a production run signature disc. I prefer the clean look of the regular ones.

So do I. But Innova went in this different direction with the Shryke, and now is doing it with the Raptor-stamp Destroyer. I would not be surprised if more molds in the Star plastic get new stamps...

Better living through chemistry: acetone continues to make ugly stamps into invisible stamps. :thmbup:

Again, my point was that the stamp does nothing to make a disc fly, and the flight is the point of the mold...

Uh sometimes a stamp will make a disc flat topped and feel right in the hand or do small changes the disc flight. An example is the KC ROC from the 2009 Ice Bowl that had a big enough logo that when put on the disc it made them flat topped. Up till the McBeth, now Stiff Pro that was made for the ROC 3 mold the 2009 KC ROC Ice Bowl disc was in high demand. A few disc in the Star plastic From the 2009 Ice Bowl were also Flat topped, the Valkyrie that I have was more low dome/flat topped during the stamping process for those tournaments as the 3 others at the tournament were low domed as well.

So do I. But Innova went in this different direction with the Shryke, and now is doing it with the Raptor-stamp Destroyer. I would not be surprised if more molds in the Star plastic get new stamps...

The Shryke stamp is leagues cleaner and of a very different stlye than this. Even the Rat stamp which I don't like as much. This stamp is too detailed so it doesnt look right as stock stamp to my brain.

I'm guessing they fly just like the 4X destroyers that were all stamped from the same batch of production.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsa8nJVhsZN/

For what it's worth, from the comments:

clayton707 -
"Are there any videos of this being thrown? I'd like to get one but I don't need another beef-hook destroyer the the last Mcbeth run."

sockibomb13 -
"@clayton707 these are not nearly as stable they are a lot less over stable and more glide than normal destroyers"

shadowman1865 -
"More glide like the 2 line AJ molds? The more recent molds are just too stable.."

sockibomb13 -
"@shadowman1865 more glide than most other previous runs of destroyers!"

bonus:
frisbeenate
"I gotsta get some of these! 🤩"