• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

L wing is just something I say for anything that has a flat wing. If you want something that is supposed to be molded up as a very domey L-wing destroyer though, the Emperor is a good bet.

Would a 160 gram star be too much for someone who throws 330-350? Want something good for forehands and skip shots while potentially being a max D disc

I picked up a 159g used Star Destroyer off eBay recently. Pretty flat-- no dome. I throw 330-360 pretty consistently, and that particular SDS had noticeable flip for me. Finished straight. I think something with more dome would have more integrity to it and better distance potential. I think 160g is a good weight for your distance.

GStar is also real nice as well.

I picked up a 159g used Star Destroyer off eBay recently. Pretty flat-- no dome. I throw 330-360 pretty consistently, and that particular SDS had noticeable flip for me. Finished straight. I think something with more dome would have more integrity to it and better distance potential. I think 160g is a good weight for your distance.

GStar is also real nice as well.

Thanks. This one is really pop top and has a wing similar to one someone posted a page or two back. Found at DSG

My aforementioned 165g poptop flat wing Destroyer is the longest straight to fade I've ever thrown. Very similar to a fresh 160g Goldline Ballista Pro which I absolutely love. I can rip it out to 330 dead straight with no turn or drift, then it fades. As it beats in it'll start getting some drift to it, and will go straighter for longer before fading.

I think the 160g poptop should start out for you with a little bit of drift even, which sounds great.

Evelina Salonen Destroyer

Anyone thrown one of these? I tried one today. 173-5.

What a perfect Destroyer this is. Gorgeous plastic. Shiny, very slightly gummy, and grippy. It doesn't have the annoying blizzardy look, like a lot of other newer star Destroyers do.

Big dome as well.

Great flier. Unlike a lot of other Destroyers, this Salonen one will turn a little, and isn't in a huge hurry to fade. I really loved the way it flew, and it was pushing 450'. The big dome seemed to help with glide as well.

Any star Destroyer fan should give the Salonen tour edition a look. One of the best Destroyers I've seen/thrown in years.

How do they do this?

"Eveliina wanted a simple Star Destroyer. We molded a more mellow Destroyer that has the smallest uniform dome. These are as flat as you can have them without sacrificing glide.

Is there going to be a Philo destroyer this year? I haven't been following closely but always look forward to the design and release.

I've been throwing Wraiths and they've been working but the info on the Salonen Destroyer intrigued me

I took a look online at a store I frequent. Decent selection. Probably over 20.

I think the lightest was 176.7 most were 177+ or 178+

How do they do this?

Historical precedent says that they don't have a whole lot of control over it. They get what they get based on plastic mix available on the market and environmental conditions in their factory (neither of which they seem to have a strong handle on) and then wrap some glowing copy around it.

The Salonens do sound nice for when I want a heavy distance driver tho.

Historical precedent says that they don't have a whole lot of control over it. They get what they get based on plastic mix available on the market and environmental conditions in their factory (neither of which they seem to have a strong handle on) and then wrap some glowing copy around it.

The Salonens do sound nice for when I want a heavy distance driver tho.

Yea, I dont understand why Innova usually always only runs the tour series discs at max weight unless its a Philo Destroyer.

Huh. Beats me. The Salonen I have is very domey. Not to the point where it makes the disc look ridiculous, but it's about as far from flat as you can get. It's one of the domiest Destroyers I've seen in a while.

Quite ironic because she bags nothing but pancake destroyers if you watch her most recent in the bag.

Any way to determine if this is a pre-Avery? Matte, gummy, marbled, S/DS, patent numbers. No remains of a top or bottom stamp that I can see.

Got it in a trade of 2 "used Destroyers", so I was stoked when I flipped it over and saw S/DS and pat #s. It's already beat to hell so it's probably gonna be a great max D Destroyer.
d7fd146e4a30cfb2400f04382babac2c.jpg
c444e5ef3332249e046586ab2e75a175.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk