• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

Any way to determine if this is a pre-Avery? Matte, gummy, marbled, S/DS, patent numbers. No remains of a top or bottom stamp that I can see.

Got it in a trade of 2 "used Destroyers", so I was stoked when I flipped it over and saw S/DS and pat #s. It's already beat to hell so it's probably gonna be a great max D Destroyer.
d7fd146e4a30cfb2400f04382babac2c.jpg
c444e5ef3332249e046586ab2e75a175.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Unfortunately no. They made S/DS destroyers with the PFN stamp and the Avery stamp.

Ironic, you're talking about it and they release Philo Destroyers, in max weight, just after that.

I am looking for advice on a slower innova driver to replace my destroyers. I am playing a lot less and want to reduce the explosive run up since I am a daily runner with previous injuries. I am also throwing more forehand now with my most consistent throws coming from my old flat eagle-L. My next slowest disc is PD in various plastics.

What disc would you suggest?

Innova makes a -1/3 for plenty of speeds slower than the Destroyer. Wraiths, Orcs, Eagles are great. Thunderbird is great too but have to beat it in a little.

I am looking for advice on a slower innova driver to replace my destroyers. I am playing a lot less and want to reduce the explosive run up since I am a daily runner with previous injuries. I am also throwing more forehand now with my most consistent throws coming from my old flat eagle-L. My next slowest disc is PD in various plastics.

I bumped down to Wraiths and they have been great... similar flights as various Destroyers but not as much power needed. There will be some variation as usual just like Destroyers so grab a few, buy them in person if possible.

Also Roadrunner/Sidewinder on hyzerflips both BH and FH are easier on the body when banged up.

I bumped down to Wraiths and they have been great... similar flights as various Destroyers but not as much power needed. There will be some variation as usual just like Destroyers so grab a few, buy them in person if possible.

Also Roadrunner/Sidewinder on hyzerflips both BH and FH are easier on the body when banged up.

I have access to local shop for hand picking them out similarly to how I would with PD /Destroyers. Sounds like it will mostly be able to cover the slot. I'll start reading the wraith posts. Thank you SaROCaM.

Millennium QOLF or SOLF.

Anyone thrown the 2022 Philos? How do they feel? I absolutely love the plastic on my MW Wraiths and I'm hoping this will be close?

Our Academy just got new Destroyers in. Odd to see the stock stamp with no X champ name on them. Thanks to this thread and the Doth vids, I was able to pick out the two less stable ones immediately. I did not buy them, but know a couple guys who may need them.

Our Academy just got new Destroyers in. Odd to see the stock stamp with no X champ name on them. Thanks to this thread and the Doth vids, I was able to pick out the two less stable ones immediately. I did not buy them, but know a couple guys who may need them.

Recent runs of star Destroyers have been pretty solid. Fairly true to the flight numbers. The only problem I've seen with some of them is the plastic sometimes has a blizzardy look/texture to it.

Recent runs of star Destroyers have been pretty solid. Fairly true to the flight numbers. The only problem I've seen with some of them is the plastic sometimes has a blizzardy look/texture to it.

The two with the smoother bottom were like that with the blizzardy rim. These are the only kind I can throw effectively unless I am throwing into a pretty good wind. But, some have such huge dome that I just can't use them.

The two with the smoother bottom were like that with the blizzardy rim. These are the only kind I can throw effectively unless I am throwing into a pretty good wind. But, some have such huge dome that I just can't use them.

I just don't like the blizzardy star Destroyers because they have a cheap look and feel to them. Some of those discs fly very well. The Ricky Raptor Destroyers were fairly blizzardy, but they're good bombers.

I think Innova needs to tighten up their QC a little and stop producing that blizzardy star plastic. Make the discs smoother and better looking.

I tend to dislike the flatter Destroyers. They don't glide well, and are really beefy.

I just don't like the blizzardy star Destroyers because they have a cheap look and feel to them. Some of those discs fly very well. The Ricky Raptor Destroyers were fairly blizzardy, but they're good bombers.

I think Innova needs to tighten up their QC a little and stop producing that blizzardy star plastic. Make the discs smoother and better looking.

I tend to dislike the flatter Destroyers. They don't glide well, and are really beefy.

I think the blend is heavier thats why it has the bubbles. They should make the halo star plastic stock (no halo.. make sense?) and find a way to tone down the added stability from it. Keep the halo runs for for more os options... and stock for something closer to the intended flight.

I think the blend is heavier thats why it has the bubbles. They should make the halo star plastic stock (no halo.. make sense?) and find a way to tone down the added stability from it. Keep the halo runs for for more os options... and stock for something closer to the intended flight.

Most Halo discs I've thrown haven't been anymore stable than their non-Halo counterparts. Wraith, Tern, Destroyer, etc. The Halo Tern was one of the best Terns I've ever seen/thrown. Perfect bomber.

I did throw a Heimburg Halo Destroyer that was ridiculously overstable. I also haven't been in love with Halo Shrykes.

I do love the look and feel of Halo plastic. It's good quality stuff.

Most Halo discs I've thrown haven't been anymore stable than their non-Halo counterparts. Wraith, Tern, Destroyer, etc. The Halo Tern was one of the best Terns I've ever seen/thrown. Perfect bomber.

I did throw a Heimburg Halo Destroyer that was ridiculously overstable. I also haven't been in love with Halo Shrykes.

I do love the look and feel of Halo plastic. It's good quality stuff.

Definitely varies, most of the stock run halo stuff isn't like massively overstable. I think their reputation may be a bit exaggerated because of the '21 Calvins and '21 GG Wraiths that got so popular.

I have, however, never thrown a flippy Halo disc (new one), I'd say that in general they seem to run from the neutral to overstable side of the spectrum for that specific mold. Maybe the black rimmed '22 Calvin I threw was a bit understable for a destroyer.

They should make the halo star plastic stock (no halo.. make sense?) and find a way to tone down the added stability from it. Keep the halo runs for for more os options... and stock for something closer to the intended flight.
That would be Star, no?