• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] DESTROYER destroyers unite!!

the new 175 sockibot that was os..now has turn..took about 20 throws...grrat glide

the new 175 sockibot that was os..now has turn..took about 20 throws...grrat glide

I've thrown a couple Sockibot Destroyers. They're definitely on the beefy side. Innova finally started using better plastic again on the Sockibots. No more of that blizzardy, rough looking stuff.

All the Wysocki Raptor Destroyers I saw had cheaper/blizzard looking star plastic. I really don't like that stuff, and it beats in way too fast.

Of what I've seen, the Sockibot Destroyer seems a little domier and glidier than McBeths.

yes..that is fair..i have an orange raptor...long flier but us...it doesnt have much the blizz finish though...my mcbeth was a real brick new...2 yrs old it has seasoned to a syraight flyer...best for a control drive..will handle wind and stay straight with a little turn if thrown flat...my other goto is a domey blue pro that is a long flier...it is a couple years old but has not hit any treez that i recall so still solid...i have shortened my bag to 4 destroyers a pro boss and a flippy katana on the driver side ...a flippy shryke too...great for accidental long rollers that look like they were planned

Man I've been throwing the 2021 Calvin for about a week now, and I am loving it. The other regular Halo I've thrown is max weight and pretty beefy, and a couple of the F2s I've thrown are 170-172 and even more OS than my max weight, but the Halo Calvins are the most workable halos I've thrown yet. Similar HSS I'm used to with halos, maybe a tick less, but I'm getting a more mellow and penetrating fade than the others. Maybe I'm throwing better lately but either way I am really happy with this run.

Similar HSS I'm used to with halos, maybe a tick less, but I'm getting a more mellow and penetrating fade than the others.
What sort of dome are we talking about here?

I have 3 that have completely different dome sizes (most to least: purple, pink, black), but PLH is almost exactly the same on all. Trying to decide which one I start tossing.

about sockibots....i have had 2 red upper 160s..Very domey pop top flat wing...these are understable massive d discs...have a peach mac weight very good much beefier for forehands...the red ohes have the blizzardy edge...the peach one not..
anyone notice this based on colors...or is it random

about sockibots....i have had 2 red upper 160s..Very domey pop top flat wing...these are understable massive d discs...have a peach mac weight very good much beefier for forehands...the red ohes have the blizzardy edge...the peach one not..
anyone notice this based on colors...or is it random

I haven't seen any Sockibots with blizzard edges. The Raptor ones all had it, though.

The Raptors were also flippier. I was getting those out to 450', which is a really long Destroyer throw for me.

My 165 poptop sockibot had bubbles on its rim. One smack into a cliffside and I dinged it up pretty good.

What sort of dome are we talking about here?

I have 3 that have completely different dome sizes (most to least: purple, pink, black), but PLH is almost exactly the same on all. Trying to decide which one I start tossing.

I'm throwing a pink one right now, it's got a healthy pop to it for sure.

had some fun with the sockibots today...it was windy and 80+ degrees....the huge dome sockibot is super long snd glidey...was taking huge air bounces higher and just going...the more stable one i have is money into the wind and can be flexed for d with a melliw finish...i carry 5 destroyers of various models and these are the best...i think they will season great too...the pro i have is getting too us....iy actually did a hard flip to a roller by accident...

I have 4 or 5 sockibots 166-169, all have a nice dome, blizzard rim, flat wing and are bombers out of the box.

I have another one that seems like it's from a different run. It's 171, no blizzard rim, similar dome, slightly more concave wing, and slightly higher plh. It is more overstable than the others, but seems like it would beat into a bomber.

Most of the raptors I have thrown are 170-175 with less dome than the sockibots and actually slightly more overstable. Could just be the weight difference.

I generally see less blizzarding in the wing the higher the weight.

Last edited:
I also have a few 2x around 169 that are very similar to the sockibots.

The current runs of gstar with the robot stamp are absolute bombers.

I also have a few 2x around 169 that are very similar to the sockibots.

The current runs of gstar with the robot stamp are absolute bombers.

G* Destroyers are underrated as sheer distance discs. They will absolutely smash. G* Destroyers kinda remind me of Shrykes. They have a little more turn and glide, and less late fade than regular star Destroyers. Fairly effortless distance.

how do they hold up in warm weather...do they get really soft or not a problem...

Frankly, I don't prefer G* plastic in really hot weather. The stuff is so pliable it always feels like it's slipping out of your hand when you throw it.

In colder weather I don't notice such problems.

I like the flight characteristics of G* plastic, but sometimes it can get a little too gummy.

may have to try one... I think these sokie bot destroyers are gonna be highly prized in the future Like tinkle sad the lighteroneswith the big pop tops are one type of disc the heavier ones are another more over stable but still good disc The lighter ones are noticeably less stable especially into the wind I had somr ridiculous long accidental rollers if I don't keep them heizer..

[/B]

G* Destroyers are underrated as sheer distance discs. They will absolutely smash. G* Destroyers kinda remind me of Shrykes. They have a little more turn and glide, and less late fade than regular star Destroyers. Fairly effortless distance.

Gstar Destroyers are great for my aging arm. I get the same distance as a star Shryke but I don't get those occasional big misses to the right that never come back.
Gstar plastic doesn't bother me in the wide rimmed drivers.

Any idea why Gstar Destroyers keep the -1 turn rating on the stamp while other Gstar drivers don't? New Gstar Bosses are labeled -1 instead of 0 turn and Gstar Corvettes are -2 turn instead of -1.

So I ordered one of the teal Calvin Halo Destroyers, and it came in last night. I had the chance to try it out today. In my bag, my most overstable distance driver for big headwinds was my TourZ Force. In harsh Texas sustained or gusty headwinds of 20mph or more, the TourZ Force is great. It will turn and fade, making for long s-curve flights.

This huge pop-topped halo Calvin Destroyer might as well be a PD2 next to the Force. Into the same headwinds, it is long and straight, with fade at the end-- no hint of turn! Glide is tremendous, and it gets good distance, while never thinking of turning.

Now I see why the pros love this run. It's just stupidly stable and dependable into a headwind, but has huge distance thanks to its pop-top dome.