• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Spend the money on a cart!

I think the package we're getting includes 1 cart. Depending on how many people are playing, we might get a second though. I know my wife, father-in-law, and brother-in-law will be playing, not sure who else yet.

I played Jimmy Porter yesterday and they now have long pin positions and brand new baskets. I like. Does anyone know what prompted the improvements?

Finally made it to Founders Park yesterday afternoon. Fun course, lots of newer players out there and really not many walkers to avoid. The elevation is a welcome change, and plays fast enough that even the wife/kids didn't get bored.

Also skipped a soft Proxy into chains on 7 but it didn't stick... :(

RED RIVER AMATEUR CHAMPIONSHIPS
MARCH 19-20, 2016
Munson Park, Denison, Texas

Professional Disc Golf Association sanctioned A-tier Event
Event is 54 holes (Three Rounds)

Final 9 for top 4 in larger divisions (ten or more players)

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER

On-site registration" Friday 3-6 pm
Saturday 8:00 to 9:00am
(If available openings - Limit of 90 players)

Players meeting at 9:15
Tee off round 1 at 9:30 Saturday
Tee off Round 2 at 2:00 Saturday
Tee off Round 3 at 9:00 Sunday
Distance contest 12 noon Sunday
Final 9 starts 1pm Sunday

Advanced Divisions $75
Intermediate Divisions $55
Recreational and JR Division $45

Top 50% in each division win prizes (with $2000 added to prizes above entry fees)
Higher entry fees = bigger prizes for Intermediate and Advanced Divisions

Friday March 18th 4pm tee off draw doubles: $5 entry fee​

Register by March 1 to get personalized (name and PDGA #) collard dry fit shirt added to your players package shown below:

Attachments

• IMG_1511[1].jpg
    IMG_1511[1].jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 20
The locals saved, paid, and worked for all the improvements @ porter. Before DD moved in.

Last edited:
Duck Pond Classic

We're having our second annual tournament in Keene in April. We've got a 36 hole layout, including the two Keene courses, 9 holes on the SWAU campus, and 9 holes at a local ball golf course. We've got a good players pack, and have prizes for CTP's and putting and driving competitions. Plus a breakfast courtesy of SWAU.

http://www.dgscene.com/duckpondclassic

new concrete tees at Founders Park in Oak Cliff. a couple have been moved further back than the original dirt tees, holes 4 and 9

Looks like WO Harrington by the airport is getting re-designed. Lots of flags in the middle of the field and #5 basket has been moved.

Last edited:
Looks like WO Harrington by the airport is getting re-designed. Lots of flags in the middle of the field and #5 basket has been moved.

5 and 6 were moved. The flags don't seem to mark any sort of layout. I would love if anyone knows what it is/will be. I play on my lunch breaks, but as is, I don't know where to tee from on 3 holes now.

Anyone been out to Zboaz recently? I'm thinking about heading that way this weekend but I'm not sure on its current condition. There have been some pretty bad storms that way over the past couple weeks.

The general chat discussion led me to discover Boys Ranch is now open in Bedford. Looks fun and now that Harrington is about to get torn up it'll be nice to have a 9-holer nearby for those quick rounds.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=8236

Of course, it is already 3.75 rated so should 'better' than Arcadia (3.60) and Bill Allen (3.74) right?

The general chat discussion led me to discover Boys Ranch is now open in Bedford. Looks fun and now that Harrington is about to get torn up it'll be nice to have a 9-holer nearby for those quick rounds.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=8236

Of course, it is already 3.75 rated so should 'better' than Arcadia (3.60) and Bill Allen (3.74) right?

haha yeah. gotta love this description on a 4 disc review

unnamed reviewer said:
Pros: Good mix of amateur and reg. course it's a 9 hole but very well thought out course. Plus a few holes have water so makes it interesting. Over all I'll probably play again this week close to home .
Cons: It's a 9 hole but other than that all good.

that and pizzagod tells us that it is both 3.5 but also needs a 10th hole to be a reasonable course

I had been driving to Bear Creek after work in Irving to play rounds to avoid traffic and I just discovered WO Park. 7 minutes away is fantastic! Wish it was 18 holes...I would purchase baskets and build wood frame tee boxes if I knew someone who was in charge of the upkeep so that they could be installed.

I had been driving to Bear Creek after work in Irving to play rounds to avoid traffic and I just discovered WO Park. 7 minutes away is fantastic! Wish it was 18 holes...I would purchase baskets and build wood frame tee boxes if I knew someone who was in charge of the upkeep so that they could be installed.

wood frame boxes to be filled with concrete?

or wood frames as tee boxes, aka the worst kind of tees ever?

:D

if you're serious, i'll help you make some better tees

Latest posts