• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Superstitions

I must have a clean box as well, no sticks, rocks, leaves, dirt, etc. I "sweep" everything off with my shoes. Even if a leaf is on the back left corner and I won't be stepping there it has to go so I can't see it or I will think about it and not focus on my shot.

I should start carrying one of those small brooms umpires use to clean off home plate. Recently my home course (Sharp Springs in Mid. TN) just added a broom at every tee. Cool idea, but I wonder how long they will last.

I always play "2 off the first". Not really a superstition, but more of a tradition to get rid of the "first tee jitters". I am always too excited to get started and rarely warm-up and practice before a round. I just consider my first drive (that usually sucks) my "warm-up". I hate to start a round with a 7 or something.

It has been so long since I didn't take 2 off the first I guess it is starting to evolve into a superstition. Even if my first shot is good, I have to throw a 2nd because you never know...

Back to the whole somebody else putting your disc in for you thing.

I don't mind if my friend calls my shot a gimmee. In fact we often give each other gimmees on the same hole to balance it out. By the way, this really helps to improve your scores. Our gimmee range might be a little questionable though...

One of our best rounds ever, my friend and I both shot an 18!

I like this one, will try to get my group to start doing it. We have a starting tradition where we say "Two off of one" and that means on the first tee you throw two drives and pick which one you want to use. The thought being starting off a round with a good first hole will help you inmprove your round.

Been doing the two off of one for quite some years.

I always have to clean my discs before Tourney. Dunno why, OCD maybe, but I feel like if I go with dirty discs they wont fly right. :|

Well I got my first $20.00 in the mail today. Geoffro's favorite disc is safe.

Thanks Geoffro!

My wife just called me and said "first of all who's sidewinding, secondly who's geoffro, and why did he send us an envelope in the mail with $20.00 Monopoly money in it." LOL

Thanks Geoffro!

My wife just called me and said "first of all who's sidewinding, secondly who's geoffro, and why did he send us an envelope in the mail with $20.00 Monopoly money in it." LOL

so did you tell the truth? or did you have some fun with it?

Thanks Geoffro!

That's a great story. I hoped something interesting would happen. On my end, I snuck the envelope out to the mailbox while my wife was in the shower. :eek:

Incidentally, I played in deep snow today (with ribbons), and tonight my lucky Roc is still safe and warm in my bag. Thanks Sidewinding!

I left my favorite putter in the 18th basket yesterday. It's gone and it's is all your fault.

the lady friend is not allowed to say "its fine" at any point in our rounds. Every time she utters those two simple words, the disc is lost forever. and i mean lost. at one point, while throwing over the river at River Bends DGC in shelby twp, she uttered the unforgivable words. i kid you not, my 175 pro wraith (fav disc at the time) was stopped dead in its flight by a young boys 5lb test fishing line(he was fishing from the bridge). disc dropped straight down into the water and was gone from sight.

if i park a nice drive or lay-up a sweet approach... whatever disc i happened to use gets to "taste the chains" with the finish putt.
i feel it makes them hungry for another taste!!

if i park a nice drive or lay-up a sweet approach... whatever disc i happened to use gets to "taste the chains" with the finish putt.

I ain't superstitious, but I do this too! It's like the disc earned the right to touch the fabled chains. Unfortunately, my drivers are rarely ever close enough to get a taste... and I almost exclusively use one of my Aviar P & As for approaches anyway, so it's nothing special to them. :rolleyes:

DG is my major obsession. I like the symptoms! I always wear a bandana under my cap. I never play with anything in my front pockets. The water bottle has to go in the same pocket in the bag. The cell phone and keys go in the opposite zipper pocket to balance the bag.

^^ I do this same thing. Didnt think anyone else did. :|

Latest posts