• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG the fastest growing sport?

Jury recommends 26 years for Huguely

x2tbpd.jpg

He's probably thinking "If I had only taken up disc golf instead of lacrosse"

Lacrosse is just a pathetic waste of a perfectly good field. Mostly trustfund brats clinging to a sport the riffraff (and minorities) haven't found yet.

Now Irish Hurling, there's a man's sport:

Lacrosse is just a pathetic waste of a perfectly good field. Mostly trustfund brats clinging to a sport the riffraff (and minorities) haven't found yet.

I don't like you Bro D and probably never will. But as a LAX coach you have nailed it on trust fund brats being the majority of LAX players.

Ted, does us all a favor and take up LAX. You can troll their boards all day and bash on DG til your heart is content!

You are such a toolbox. It's funny you take so much interest in bashing on DG. I haven't seen you on a course or at one of TG's tourneys in YEARS. I think the last time I saw you throw, it was sub-800 golf...maybe why you're so disgruntled? Oh yeah, you don't believe in the rating system. Oops!

Ted, does us all a favor and take up LAX. You can troll their boards all day and bash on DG til your heart is content!

You are such a toolbox. It's funny you take so much interest in bashing on DG. I haven't seen you on a course or at one of TG's tourneys in YEARS. I think the last time I saw you throw, it was sub-800 golf...maybe why you're so disgruntled? Oh yeah, you don't believe in the rating system. Oops!

I play 4-5x a week. Just not at any courses with cones or where you need a kevlar vest to protect you from stray bullets. I play the Three Rivers courses and the hidden gem mainly.

Disc golf has been calling itself the fastest growing sport for as long as I can remember.

With enough research, you could probably find a prominent player saying that every year since the late 70s. If disc golf was the fastest growing sport each year for the past 30+ years, by now there would be more disc golf courses than atoms in the Universe.

Just out of curiosity, is there any flopping? I mean, NBA might as well be soccer, and the NFL's not far behind...:wall:

Also, are there any teeth? This sport looks as violent as hockey, only without the face masks. Or you could say it looks like rugby where everyone gets to carry a shillelagh.

Hurling looks like a sport for people like this:

pMLB2-7238286dt.jpg

... not a sport for people like this:

lebron-james-cry-baby.jpg

The difference between real sports and DG is that you can be a NARP and still play DG.

OK, I'll admit I had to look up "NARP", but the first Google entry was all I needed:

Acronym for Non-Athletic Regular Person. Your schools lacrosse team probably shouts it at you while you walk by

We appreciate you confirming that the fastest growing sport among self-important, vainglorious knuckleheads is indeed lacrosse. Congratulations!

I didn't lose 50lbs in the last 18 months playing chess. :)

You probably never played 18 months of competitive Chess, though. It's hard to understand if you've never done any mental competitions, but it is exhausting by the end of it. You can burn some serious calories operating your brain at a high gear for hours on end.