• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Blunt Gumbputt

j_colby

Should I do it or not? Entering my 5th month of play and I own a Pole Cat (ewww!), Magnet (meh), and Warlock SSS (hit and miss on how I feel).

SSS Magic. It is straighter than the SSS Warlock and has a different feel on the rim. Try it.

The GumbPutt has it's uses. Sometimes you have to lay up to a hole that is on the side of a hill and the only thing that won't role is a ring of jello. In that scenario, use the Gumbputt.

My $.02 is that there is no magic disc. You have two pretty good putters in the Magnet and Warlock. Use one of those and develop some consistency with your short game. Trying a bunch a putters before you develop some consistency to your throws just complicates your issues.

Last edited:
until recently for me no putter worked. I just dedicated myself to putting and tried a few molds. I am becoming a much better putter. Finding a consistent form and developing the muscle memory is way more beneficial than a new disc. NO GUMBUTT.

The mold itself does not matter much at all. Most putters behave very similarly in the circle. When you get outside 30 or approaches and drives is where the difference in putter molds starts to become evident.

Magnet and warlock are good putters. Do you have a local shop? go there and fondle some, grab what feels nice, and go practice putting!!!!!

The GumbPutt has it's uses. Sometimes you have to lay up to a hole that is on the side of a hill and the only thing that won't role is a ring of jello. In that scenario, use the Gumbputt.

took the words out of my mouth. I used to use it for longer putts which it is great for. I also used it for the very occasional turbo putt scenario. No longer in my bag.

and what he said^ don't get something that is OOP

not consistent enough to be a main putter. Hit more than three leaves or twig or the wind is gusty it is useless. If you find one they are a great disc to have for what I said plus great catch disc.

I used the Blunt Gumbputt for a while, and it used to work realy well for me. I ended up moving on to using the Challenger, but for someone just starting out I would say it's a great disc.

What made me even consider it was that my Mako is pretty floppy and I have sunk some pretty long putts (for a beginner, anyway) with it. One of my wife's friends has a Gumbputt and I took it out for a round and it seemed like it might be worth working with. Good to know that I have two decent putters, though. I'll just work mostly on my game instead of trying to find a "better" disc.