• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGA Mach 7

My guess is that the MkX is the "Mk6" as it came between the Mk5 and the Mk7 regarding launch dates. They just didn't call it that because they thought they had a 'better marketing hook' in calling it the "X".

I'm talking to DGA about these since a local course might be looking to upgrade.. Apparently the 1st pallet of 7s just went out yesterday so yes the basket is very new.

Hoping to buy a single, demo unit so I'll post feedback on here if that ever happens.

I'm also hoping to convince them to make the Mach0.7 basket. Like a Mach 7, but 70% scaled down.

I'm also hoping to convince them to make the Mach0.7 basket. Like a Mach 7, but 70% scaled down.

OK... I'll bite.
Why the interest in a basket built to a 70% scale? Simply about a smaller target being more challenging (like a bullseye basket, just not quite as extreme)?

OK... I'll bite.
Why the interest in a basket built to a 70% scale? Simply about a smaller target being more challenging (like a bullseye basket, just not quite as extreme)?

Don't take the bait!

Yes you got it mostly right. My issue with the bullseye style baskets is YES they increase the challenge, but they just don't catch well enough to be "fun" to play on for regular play. My hope is that (the royal) we take the established, working basket design and just shrink it down to increase the challenge (but maintain the fun factor) when the hole or course or event calls for it.

You are correct, Myke. They are Discatchers, the funky colors threw me off. Still have to experience the agony of band clack.

Never been a big fan of the bands for that reason however the great catchability of the Innova baskets is why I like those.

Last edited:
I'm looking to buy more of a standard basket and I'm highly considering this. I'm hoping someone has a review soon to help me sway the choice.

You are correct, Myke. They are Discatchers, the funky colors threw me off. Still have to experience the agony of band clack.

1) I didn't want to correct you...seemed like you were on a roll. ;)

2) No one likes "band clack"
...but it usually beats going long (which I think might be the alternative a good bit of the time).

1) I didn't want to correct you...seemed like you were on a roll. ;)

2) No one likes "band clack"
...but it usually beats going long (which I think might be the alternative a good bit of the time).

I had with a Stiff putter an old stiff Pro D Magnet in bag at the time hit the band and bounced back further then with a soft putter as when I used my softer modern Pro D Magnet, the disc hit the band again in same spot but did not bounce far. That was my old putter set up, I use same mold in Jawbreaker and also variant mold from side company DGA.

It does beat going long most of the time as the disc usually drops right near the basket.

I'm looking to buy more of a standard basket and I'm highly considering this. I'm hoping someone has a review soon to help me sway the choice.

DO IT, they look quality. Is it for a full course?

Can anyone get some audio on a putt smashing Mach 7 chains? My ears need to be the judge here.

No I'm just buying for home use. Practice on something that is more similar to what I will be playing on. Several of the courses around me are now Mach-X's, but I really don't want to have to move those around.

Bump

Fast-forward 3 years, what's everyone's opinion of Mach 7s? Are they noticeably better than Mach 5s? Thanks.

Bump

Fast-forward 3 years, what's everyone's opinion of Mach 7s? Are they noticeably better than Mach 5s? Thanks.

I've only played on them one time. Pendleton King. No complaints from me. hard to say if they caught better. probably did.