• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGA Mach 7

Blueberry looking good. :)

So many good greens on that course. :) First short one; GOT two of them! :)

Mach designs are best hit lower half/lower third. Nose up a little (instead of straight and fast). Or, a little side slant sometimes works as well.

3 center pole spits from up higher; one a little left as well/right hand putter.

I thought players adapted quickly. (One of those guys plays amongst my crew sometimes.) :)

Do you think Mach baskets are a bit more "touch"/know the sweet spot/speed oriented, than some other designs; CK?

Edit: Just realized I just went on a general Mach rant; rather than 5 vs. 7.

...nevermind...nothing to see here...

Last edited:
I think Machs continue to be improvements on the original catching configurations designed more for touch than head-on power putts. Something that the main Champ basket makers should look into is increasing their basket tray diameter up to the max spec allowed of 70 cm. They are only 66 cm with the Veterans at 67.7 cm. It would only increase the basket radius a little less than an inch but that might be enough to prevent a few more bounce-back misses.

I'll take the Mach 7 over any basket on the market. Truly is the fairest catching target.

Remember when finesse was needed to putt? The Mach 7 rewards touch and control better than any target by having the most well balanced chain configuration. Mach 7 spitouts are much less egregious than Mach X spitouts for controlled putts.

Wanna rocket launch your putt into the Mach 7? Ok. Just don't do it high middle. This is a fair punishment for putting poorly without control.

Something that the main Champ basket makers should look into is increasing their basket tray diameter up to the max spec allowed of 70 cm. They are only 66 cm with the Veterans at 67.7 cm. It would only increase the basket radius a little less than an inch but that might be enough to prevent a few more bounce-back misses.

This is not the answer, Chuck. The answer is taking speed off your putt.

This is not the answer, Chuck. The answer is taking speed off your putt.
That's not the traditional expectation anymore. The general and pro expectations are that accurate laser putts should be caught in the same way accurate soccer ball, lacrosse ball or hockey puck shots are caught no matter what speed they cross the goal line. Not saying it's good or bad for the sport, just living with the reality of our sport's (d)evolution.

That's not the traditional expectation anymore. The general and pro expectations are that accurate laser putts should be caught in the same way accurate soccer ball, lacrosse ball or hockey puck shots are caught no matter what speed they cross the goal line. Not saying it's good or bad for the sport, just living with the reality of our sport's (d)evolution.

We should not be making baskets to accommodate the style and putt of a couple hundred players.

The misses on #1 and #3 certainly look like they hit enough chains to stay in.

Then on #7, the miss to the right was just a missed putt. But the putt right after that, hit mostly center, fairly high and came down, hit the rim, and stayed it. It sure looked like that one could have bounced out very easily.

Mach 7: I think they are the best basket in our sport (including the Mach 3 sound).

Latest posts