• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Undertow Distance...

Wanderer

Double Eagle Member
Those who have thrown the DGA Undertow, more specifically the SP version, how is it for distance? I've heard it compared to a Teebird and TL, but I would think it'd be longer, since it has a wider, more driver-like rim. Maybe more like a champ Valkyrie in speed and range?

My father throws MAmbas and valks for distance ..

he gets almost the same distance as his valks when he throws his Undertow
.. but with a slightly more stable line ..

Teebirds and Tl's are too stable for him and he cant throw them ..

I've thrown the Sparkle Undertow a good amount, it is definitely a bit longer than a Teebird. It flies a lot like an Champ Orc for me at least. It should be a bit more stable than most Champ Valkyries.

I had an untertow that was in proline or some type of plastic. Felt like ESP FLX. It flew like a slightly longer beat in eagle. Lot of turn at high speeds but a good amount of fade too. I liked that it naturally flew on an S curve but it wasn't consistent for me. I tossed it in the woods and decided not to go after it one day. It had done nothing but frustrate me.

Very few throwing the Undertow it seems. I'm considering this disc in SP plastic, and wanted to know if it has driver distance, or fairway driver distance.

Thanks to those that did respond with their feedback!

I have used it both as a fairway driver and a semi-distance driver. Depending upon the line I put it on, it was fairly easy to range from 330-370.

On a side note...I happen to have a glow, an sp, and a proline for sale right now. All weigh around 174g.

I have a glow one in champ type plastic (I dunno what they call it) and its pretty nice, has good glide and a nice S curve flight with quite a bit of turn but some fade. It seems a lot like a valk to me, kind of in that speed 9 range.

I have a glow one in champ type plastic (I dunno what they call it) and its pretty nice, has good glide and a nice S curve flight with quite a bit of turn but some fade. It seems a lot like a valk to me, kind of in that speed 9 range.

If Valkyrie speed and distance, good to know, thx!

I have used it both as a fairway driver and a semi-distance driver. Depending upon the line I put it on, it was fairly easy to range from 330-370.

On a side note...I happen to have a glow, an sp, and a proline for sale right now. All weigh around 174g.

Thanks for the info...I'm waiting on production SP's to come out, looking for mid 160's weight.

I threw sp glows and could easily see it beeing a main distance driver for many.
I agree with the bit o turn and lil fade description.

Long, open anny shot; if an avenger ss would be too flippy but a surge too stable...the undertow would be the fit.

I have pro undertows and a glo undertow. depending on how much umph you put on it it can fly differently. I can get mine to fly like a tl when thrown with 80% power with a little hyzer. thrown flat it flies between a sidewinder and valk

I've got an SP Undertow and it flies wonderfully. I think the best thing I like about it is the feel. The inside rim is more rounded as opposed to the traditional sharper rim. I've definitely used my Undertow it's fair share of times for distance driving. Great thing about it is that you can use it for a reliable fairway control shot or a long stable drive with a dependable fade.

I think some molds might be a bit more understable, but I have never been able to throw mine on much of an anhyzer. Typically just fires on a straight bullet line and then fades off near the end.

I've got an SP Undertow and it flies wonderfully. I think the best thing I like about it is the feel. The inside rim is more rounded as opposed to the traditional sharper rim. I've definitely used my Undertow it's fair share of times for distance driving. Great thing about it is that you can use it for a reliable fairway control shot or a long stable drive with a dependable fade.

I think some molds might be a bit more understable, but I have never been able to throw mine on much of an anhyzer. Typically just fires on a straight bullet line and then fades off near the end.

This is how I intend to use the SP Undertow, for straight-fade and gentle hyzer drives.