• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Bag Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

basmith42

Bogey Member
Who would be interested in a DGCR bag tag challenge for the spring and summer?
The way I look at it, Tim could make a few bucks off of each tag by selling them to us and we can play each other for them.

Since we're scattered across the country, it could prove interesting to play for tags. Who knows.. maybe people will organize informal local DGCR bag tag matches, etc, etc...

Anyone have any ideas how this could work?
And (more importantly) is anyone else interested?

with as spread out as DGCR's members are, i can't see a bag tag challenge being feasible...

with as spread out as DGCR's members are, i can't see a bag tag challenge being feasible...
Yeah, I don't see how it works either. You'd probably want to start at some sort of major like World's to hand them out by finish. Then you might get some travelling players who meet up with other DGCR members but that's not gonna happen all that often.

ERic

If DGCR sponsored/provided the transportation I bet you'd have great attendance. ;)

I'm thinking that everyone in NE Ohio (for example) with bag tags could meet up and play. Then we'ld have a regional low. If someone had a lower tag number that I wanted, we'd have to figure out how to play each other or agree on a challenge.
For example- Eric and I could agree to play our home courses and compare scores. If his were lower, I'd send my tag to him and vice versa. It would take some flexing of traditional bag tag rules...

Or.. perhaps someone could just organize a DGCR bag tag match and buy the tags from Tim. This would get $$ to support the site and get us playing together a little off-list.

In fact.. I'm willing to "run" one this spring for Northeast Ohio.

i think that you might get to trade tags based on your score at a specific course versus others who have played the same course. a lot would depend on the conditions the course would be when you played it.

you might be able to just sell bag tags and if people from DGCR are playing in a tourny then you could challenge them for the tags.

I'm thinking that everyone in NE Ohio (for example) with bag tags could meet up and play. Then we'ld have a regional low. If someone had a lower tag number that I wanted, we'd have to figure out how to play each other or agree on a challenge.
For example- Eric and I could agree to play our home courses and compare scores. If his were lower, I'd send my tag to him and vice versa. It would take some flexing of traditional bag tag rules...

Or.. perhaps someone could just organize a DGCR bag tag match and buy the tags from Tim. This would get $$ to support the site and get us playing together a little off-list.

In fact.. I'm willing to "run" one this spring for Northeast Ohio.
I don't think the score comparisons from different courses would work too well but regional match-ups might be something to consider if there are enough people interested. I'm not sure how we could relate them to DGCR outside of the tags or something along those lines. I'd love to be able to offer up prizes, etc. but the site doesn't exactly bring in bags of cash so it's not feasible now. Maybe one day.. :)

too official...

if we had prizes, etc, we might have to actually register with the park.
if we did it quietly on list as a social meet and greet and play thing, then we could sneak under the radar.

I, also, like solomon's idea of just selling them to support the site and playing ad-hoc when at tournaments or at courses.

if we had prizes, etc, we might have to actually register with the park.
if we did it quietly on list as a social meet and greet and play thing, then we could sneak under the radar.

I, also, like solomon's idea of just selling them to support the site and playing ad-hoc when at tournaments or at courses.
Good point..

Although then there is the question of how to distribute them. Who should get #1, #2, etc.?

Good point..

Although then there is the question of how to distribute them. Who should get #1, #2, etc.?

you could give the members that are DGA members with a rating of *** or higher #1, the rest of the members #2. trusted reviewers, ace/eagle members #1 and birdie members #2. everyone else can get a general bag tag with the DGCR logo on it.

you could give the members that are DGA members with a rating of *** or higher #1, the rest of the members #2. trusted reviewers, ace/eagle members #1 and birdie members #2. everyone else can get a general bag tag with the DGCR logo on it.

Maybe I'm missing the point of bag tags, but why on earth would there be more than 1 #1 or #2 tag? I always thought they were numbered 1-100 or whatever and whoever won the match would take the higher numbered tag. :confused:

Maybe I'm missing the point of bag tags, but why on earth would there be more than 1 #1 or #2 tag? I always thought they were numbered 1-100 or whatever and whoever won the match would take the higher numbered tag. :confused:

i was just putting ideas out for how to number the tags. i came up with the second set idea because not everyone is a DGA member.

distribution

I think Tim (or whoever) makes 50 or 100 or however many of them..puts them in a bucket and mixes them up.
Then they pull one out, slap it in an envelope and send it out. Random distribution and a "let's see what happens" attitude.

Or.. we just do bag tags without numbers to indicate we're on DGCR to provide a way for other DGCR members to recognize each other and maybe network off site.

I think Tim (or whoever) makes 50 or 100 or however many of them..puts them in a bucket and mixes them up.
Then they pull one out, slap it in an envelope and send it out. Random distribution and a "let's see what happens" attitude.

Or.. we just do bag tags without numbers to indicate we're on DGCR to provide a way for other DGCR members to recognize each other and maybe network off site.
That may be the best idea.. just a bag decoration of sorts without the competition aspect which wasn't too feasible given the geographic distribution of members.

That may be the best idea.. just a bag decoration of sorts without the competition aspect which wasn't too feasible given the geographic distribution of members.

maybe have different designs for your level on the site. I.E. EricJ would get the most ouytlandish on as he is the sole ace member. and then so on and so on.

I think this way makes the most sense...there's no reason to number them if a competition for all members isn't feasible, especially if it's just a way to raise funds and show support for this site.

maybe have different designs for your level on the site. I.E. EricJ would get the most ouytlandish on as he is the sole ace member. and then so on and so on.

I think they should all be the same so they can easily be spotted by the other members. No need for confusion by adding multiple styles. Something that would draw other members eyes to. It would have to have room on it to write in our user names for easy identification.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts