• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Bag Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
The logo on the tag would be the basket logo as it translates well to that shape. So similar to the minis.

i was going to but lost track of time and just havent gotten around to it again. soon though!!

LOL, sorry bro, I just had to tease you. Sometimes, I just can't help myself! :rolleyes:

tracking tags..

instead of writing your name and state on the tag, let's just start a forum section for Tag's and a thread for each tag #. Then we post as we get it as a running history of the tag.

This will allow us to all to track tags we've had AND promote traffic on the site.

Remember- this is said by someone who hasn't got the faintest idea of how to edit or create websites so this might be a really big task for Tim that sounds easy. :)

I strongly recomend that someone other than Timg head this up. He already does WAY too much here and should totally delegate this to someone else. (...No, I'm sorry but I can't do it :)...)

DGCR Bag Tag Format

...here's what I'd propose:

• They should be numbered on one side.

• They should advertise DGCR on the other side.

• There should be a call-for-tags on the forum and give everyone a couple weeks to respond.

• Hand out the tags for all the responders in the order that they joined the DGCR site.

• After the inital call for tags any new requestors are assigned the next sequential number.

• Put your DGCR bag tag number in your forum signature.

Great suggestions! I agree with each one. When the DGCR Bag Tag Czar steps up he/she should add this to his list.

Here are a couple of more ideas...

• Charge a fee for the tag that equals "the cost of the tag + average postage + $3 that goes to run DGCR."
  • As EricJ said, number the tags by order that people joined DGCR.
  • Every time you get a new tag write the name of your state in small neat letters with a Sharpie (but don't add it if it's already on there),
  • Swap tags merely by playing with some one, NOT based on who wins. That reinforces the goal of DGCR-- traveling to new courses. (Sure #1 might end up in Alaska or North Dakota, but this is all for fun.)
  • The Bag Tag czar keeps the numbers in an Excel spreadsheet that's easily available. (It can be housed at either of my Yahoo groups.)
  • On Dec 31 of every year the list of numbers is posted.
  • "The person who has the most fun wins." - Steady Ed Headrick

If timg doesnt want to do it.

I guess EricJ is the easy person to nominate. Since he's always around posts regularly and has good ideas.

I don't mind putting it together. I'd order the tags, distribute them, etc. Then perhaps a forum thread for the tags that I could regularly update with who has each one and where it is. Kind of a manual process but I doubt there will be a ton of updates. The rest is up to you guys to go out and find other DGCR members to play with.

I'll investigate tags some more and maybe put up a poll to see if there is any interest in this beyond say 10 or 15 people.

I agree with all of ericj's ideas on this. its simple. lets keep it simple
my thoughts for keeping up with whos got what is in your signature put your original #
and your current #
example
----------
B.T. orig. # 112
B.T. curr. # 98

that way as your reading different posts you'll see it right there.
you can then start a thread about storys of the swap. kinda like the "where's george" on a dollar bill.

Either way I am in. I think just having the tag and recognizing it would be cool for us who are on this site but if majority votes for #'s then I would say we should pass it out by when you signed up for this site so it is nice and easy. Either way, right on!

Of course I'm always down for travel but perhaps theres a way to do it online with the honor system.

In theory, the honor system should work, but I'm not sure I'd be happy about losing a tag to someone who I didn't even see shoot the score they say they shot.

I think we should offer up a pre-pay for the tags also. That way timg doesn't have to go so far out on a limb on his own again. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.