• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR iOS Out!

Hey Tim:
Does the app track average scores on each hole on a course? That is my favorite "special" feature of uDisc and the one thing I would hate to give up in making a switch.
Like this one, tracking my 2014 at Pier Park?
Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
It doesn't do it within the app itself but that is all available on a personal and course basis via the scorebook or course pages. I was already doing it on the site so I didn't want to pay a small fortune to replicate that within the app. I might ask Schnapple to add a web view of these stats screens within the app at some point.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.gif
    Untitled-1.gif
    17.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Untitled-2.gif
    Untitled-2.gif
    48.3 KB · Views: 15
Wow, I'm such a n00b that I didn't even know that the app was new when I got it. I just started playing the 4th of July this year and started using the app to replace a freebie I had about on the 15th or so because the DGCR app was so much better, so kudos to you, I love your app!

Does logging in to this app transfer my data from the site to my phone?

No, that just allows you to submit scores. To download/refresh rounds to the phone, tap Stats and then the menu icon and "Import Rounds from DGCR"

Correct. Generally that's a one time thing you do when you install it and then you're up to date. Then you could do "Import Recent Rounds" on occasion if you play with a friend that submits rounds on your behalf (or if you update rounds on the site and want the changes reflected within the app).

I figured that was better than constantly checking for new rounds and chewing up your plan's data in the process.

It's something I'd have to add to the site first. It would be easy to add if that's something a lot of people are interested in having. I'd probably want to take some sort of informal poll to gauge interest level.

I think a lot of people turn putts off entirely in the app from what I've heard. In the mean time, you could just add a hole note for putts outside the circle. Not ideal but a stop gap measure for the time being.

Does the app have a way to change pin positions mid round? The baskets get moved pretty often at my home course and it would be nice to tell the app where a basket is when I get to the hole.

Also a related question: From what I've been able to discover, the only way to change a pin position after a round has been submitted is to go to the 'edit round' page on the site and type in the distance for any baskets that were moved. But that means I have to pull up the course hole info in one tab and switch back and forth between that tab and the edit round tab to fix all the distances for baskets that were moved. Is this the best/only way to do it currently?

If there's not going to be a way to edit the pin location during a round from the app it would be nice to be able to make the change easily from the website afterward.

I'm not complaining though. I love the app and have gotten a few other DGers to buy it as well.

Any thoughts on adding an inside the circle outside the circle putting option/tracker?

It's something I'd have to add to the site first. It would be easy to add if that's something a lot of people are interested in having. I'd probably want to take some sort of informal poll to gauge interest level.

I think a lot of people turn putts off entirely in the app from what I've heard. In the mean time, you could just add a hole note for putts outside the circle. Not ideal but a stop gap measure for the time being.

When it comes to "putts" on the app, scorebook, etc. I usually call a "putt" anything I'm not jump putting on. I turbo putt out to 50+ feet and anything after that I don't count as a "putt".

I can usually remember in my head when I miss an inside the circle putt; partially because I'm a heck of a putter (tooting my own horn now) and partially Because I just remember everything very well.

I'm not positive but I think another distinction for inside/outside the circle putts could be distracting. I like that it's simple to use right now and can take the phone out of my pocket and type in a number while still trying to beat darkness or whatever. When you add more things to calculate or add in numbers it becomes much more cumbersome during fast paced, casual rounds which is a vast majority of my play time. Not a bad idea just not something I'm interested in.

~The Bizz

nrp0450, that is something I'm planning to pay the developer to add once he starts working on updates (among many other features, I have a ton of cool ideas). I think he should restart working on the apps in November (he took a little break after finishing the iOS app) and my wallet is taking a break from sending him money at the moment so that kind of works out :)

To answer your question. The only way to currently update hole info for a round is to do it on the web. But if you update the positions on the course's hole info page by choosing the radio button with the current spot you can then go to your round, choose update, change the tee to something else and then change it right back to what you played and all pars/distances will be automatically filled in with the most current info.

So theoretically you wouldn't have to type anything in, just update the course's hole info with a few clicks and update your round(s) with 4 clicks afterwards. Hopefully that makes sense :)

sillybizz, I agree, the interface for the app was designed with speed in mind. Least amount of button presses to get scores entered for your group. If anything like a checkbox for inside/outside the circle were to be added it would be something you could turn on/off like a lot of the other scoring stuff in the app.

So theoretically you wouldn't have to type anything in, just update the course's hole info with a few clicks and update your round(s) with 4 clicks afterwards. Hopefully that makes sense :)

Perfect. I didn't know about the "change the tee off and back to update the course info" trick. It worked perfectly (although I had to also go to "course info" and tap "refresh course" for the app to pull in the updated pin positions). That's exactly what I was looking for. I'll definitely be looking forward to being able to update pin positions from the app mid round though.

Last edited:
The app caches the course info for a little while (not exactly sure how long) so if you play every day you might have to refresh it but otherwise it should update itself in a couple of days.

Newest build, if you long press on the distance / par bar it'll show you the alt. pin locations on the site as well as a blank one where you can enter a custom distance / par.

Newest build, if you long press on the distance / par bar it'll show you the alt. pin locations on the site as well as a blank one where you can enter a custom distance / par.

Coming soon to Android???

Hopefully soon, yes. The developer is still working on the big under the hood update for the app but I'm hoping that will be done this weekend. Once that is out he will start working on all the stuff to catch Android up to iOS (player order, starting hole, custom pins, etc.)

Hopefully soon, yes. The developer is still working on the big under the hood update for the app but I'm hoping that will be done this weekend. Once that is out he will start working on all the stuff to catch Android up to iOS (player order, starting hole, custom pins, etc.)

Cannot wait for the player order update..........#giddy