DGCR Meet up - Minnesota 2024 - July 13th/14th

sillybizz

Course bagger and Bjork super fan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I'm grateful for all of the people already telling me when I get to MN to let them know so we can play around together. I thought let's just make it big DGCR meet up. Who's in? :)

EDIT:

Meet up is July 13-14 at Chains Edge (Chains Edge - Red Chains Edge - Blue Chains Edge - Green)

I will be here Friday night (the 12th) and will continue to play the rest of the week after the meet up, most likely around Minneapolis. If interested in playing with me during the week, please message me at some point between then and now! Hope everyone can make it! If camping, be prepared for a fun time! ;)

If you're attending and not on one of the lists below please sound off in this thread or message me directly, thanks! Can't wait to meet you!

List of confirmed attendees so far:

@sillybizz
@wolfhaley
@Mrs. wolfhaley
@Naenae
@playrecords
@Countchunkula
@elmexdela

List of possible attendees so far:

@mndiscg
@Shadrach3
@Hampstead
@BuiltTooLong
@cefire
@ejvogie
@Cgkdisc
@Magnet69
@Cerealman

Last edited:
Chains Edge would be a great idea imo. I've only played there once but it's an awesome complex.

Wherever we decide, I'm down 👍

Sounds good to me then. When would be the best time of the year?

what do you prefer: wood ticks, mosquitos, or overwhelming humidity? we've got it all, lol.

what do you prefer: wood ticks, mosquitos, or overwhelming humidity? we've got it all, lol.
2001 Pro Worlds...
Didn't play, but showed up to spectate.
I remember 100 plus degrees...
I remember the skeeters...
Don't remember the ticks...

Remember Barry finishing second...
Again...

Bugs are fine, 100+ degree F I'm kind of out at that point unless there are plenty of trees and/or wind.

It's usually not too hot around here in the summer. Definitely manageable. I bet the mosquitoes are quite the thing at Chains Edge though, and ticks. It was April when I played it with the wife and elmex. Started snowing like crazy on hole 1 of the third course. It was awesome.

Late July a couple years ago I played through green (24 holes) in 65 minutes. The mosquitoes were so bad I didn't dare stop moving. Fortunately CE always has a fire going for a spot to seek shelter.

Last edited:
^ That would be awesome. (y)

I hope @BuiltTooLong and @Countchunkula can make it too. They were a blast to play with at last years meet up, and again with BTL about a month later in Dubuque.

I'm not sure where @jakebake91 has been but hopefully he pops up again too. He'd been wanting to get over to MN anyway and is always a blast to play a round with.

elmex is out course bagging again. Crazy bastard. I'd give it a week before he sees this thread but I'm sure he'll be down. Chain's Edge is actually the place we first played together at. It'd be cool to do it again, plus it's not too far from him.

I tend to have an uncompromising work schedule, BUT I do have a friend in Minneapolis I need to visit. If the dates worked, I'd pop in for a round even though an overnight affair is probably out of the question.

I will lurk in the shadows here while more committed members sort things out :p

So the only other things I have going on this year is we are taking a cruise in March and I'm planning on hitting Moab (again!) sometime in the September-November range. Other than that I am pretty open (insert joke here, hehehe) the rest of the year. Perhaps I should have made a poll as to when everyone would prefer to meet up. I want to meet as many of you as possible, that's my goal.

When did this become a poll? The ol' bait and switch. I see how it is. I voted July because I was lied to initially and that's when I thought this was. :p

Does the poll function work correctly? I voted July and it says there's 2 total votes. It didn't say "Oops something went wrong" at least. There's 2 for July, 1 being me. The other months all have 1 and are at 50%.

Whatever, any month from July on is good for me and Mrs. wolf. Sillybizz will be owing us a couple Juicy Lucy's, free of charge whenever this happens anyway so it's all good. The burgers, not the sex act obviously. Perverts.

Creepy GIF

When did this become a poll? The ol' bait and switch. I see how it is. I voted July because I was lied to initially and that's when I thought this was. :p
July it is then :)
Does the poll function work correctly? I voted July and it says there's 2 total votes. It didn't say "Oops something went wrong" at least. There's 2 for July, 1 being me. The other months all have 1 and are at 50%.

I'm the only other vote lol.

Whatever, any month from July on is good for me and Mrs. wolf. Sillybizz will be owing us a couple Juicy Lucy's, free of charge whenever this happens anyway so it's all good. The burgers, not the sex act obviously. Perverts.

I've owed worse debts... ;) 😅

There is an extremely small chance that we will be passing thru MN in August so please feel free to disregard one August vote