• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Players Top 5 Discs

Top 5 (today):
In no particular order.
Roc
Magic
QMS
AvengerSS
Crush

Also carry (today):
Comet
Glide
Sidewinder
#1 Slice (Floater)
TL
Stratus
Optimizer
Maximizer
Katana

Last edited:
Alrighty then, I'm back from a nice Sunday afternoon 18 at a local course, so I can fill in some blanks.

search challenger, force, and stalker
Okay, the numbers, respectively;

Brother Dave said:
I can't believe Polecats, Birdies, Putt'rs, and Sonics didn't make that list. Or the 10m brick (best putter ever made).

and, using 5 different spelling options, I still could find only 5 people carry the 10m brick.

mashnut said:
Not to mention the turbo putt and the aerobie arrow...

Not to be confused with the Innova Aero, with 139 users.
Putters seems to be varied and highly personal, its nice we all have so many choices.

The Valkyrie is preferred nearly 8/1 over the slightly faster SL, 953 vs. 125, and the Wraith, which is one notch above the SL in speed, is preferred by 10 times as many people.

Another poor shower is the Viking with only 125 users, compared to the slower
Teebird (622) and the faster Orc (516), even the more stable FL shows up in 360 bags.
Why no Viking and SL love, are these discs harder to find ?

New models vs. Old models.

Being around longer seems to be reason more people carry the #1 Aviar, introduced wayyyyy the heck back in the stone age, 1984, but it's not the only factor, the second most popular disc , the Wraith, didnt show up until 2005.

And lastly, the much maligned " Epic", still seems to show up in 60 different bags, for shame. :eek:

I use a very overstable boss for short control shots with alot of curve and the xcal for straight shots. What I can't reach with my driver I can find with my roc or my wizard. I have a pretty solid sidearm, but I have been working on my backhand.

No way to tell if it is in the persons main bag. I dont have any "loose" discs and most of my discs are in the bag I DONT carry.

Right now my game is based around:
Magic
Buzzz
Teebird
Firebird
Valkyrie

Also carry:
Drone
Meteor
Leopard
Stalker
Boss
Surge
Katana

I did a search of the discs that all of you in the U.S. show in your bags right now.
I was curious about what everyone actually carries and throws, not what they have in boxes or on the wall.

The top 5 most popular discs carried by the members here right now, are:

1) Aviar

2) Wraith

3) Valkyrie

4) Roc

5) Buzzz

I could be wrong on these, I only searched for what I thought were the most popular discs, please feel free to correct it, or add the next 5.

Right now, i throw all of those but the buzzz ha haa