• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT- 2018 Discraft Great Lakes Open

brutalbrutus

* Ace Member *
https://udisclive.com/live/greatlakes2018?TournID=34230

https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/34230

https://www.dgpt.com/
The Toboggan Course. Almost nothing else needs to be said. This course has been thrilling players and fans for decades. The Discraft Great Lakes Open, in its 38th year, is one of our sport's most storied events. It was one of the first National Tour events and has been a PDGA NT a half dozen times.

We are very proud to bring a Pro Tour stop to the disc golf hotbed that is Michigan. Discraft brings amazing support to tour stops and we can all be confident that the 2018 DGLO will be no different. The tremendous terrain of the Toboggan Course combined with the water parks, trails, and local activities make this a can't miss event.

The course is only open for a few months each year, and it will be setup in Pro Tour tournament mode for just one week of those few months. If you are looking to play and/or watch one of the country's best courses while it is setup for the world's best players, Milford, Michigan is the place to be in early July. See you there!

Tobo is in fantastic shape this year. I'm really looking forward to coverage. No Paige or Cat, so FPO seems pretty wide open.

I remember watching Tobo rounds years ago. It is a phenomenal course for me because of those memories.

Tobo is in fantastic shape this year. I'm really looking forward to coverage. No Paige or Cat, so FPO seems pretty wide open.

^Indeed. In pretty much every way, Park Mgt was simply more accommodating about the course than it has been in recent history; in terms of mowing where the TD suggested, trimming/clearing, length of time course is available. They really want to feature the course as a selling point, rather than pulling the baskets ASAP.

This should be fun event to watch. I think I want to spend a day spotting for this event... mostly because it's the best way to spectate. I just can't handle spotting on 3 anymore... hunting down discs on that hole can really wear you out. Humping it over the berms on either side of the fairway can wipe you out as much as slogging up and down the hill does.

Hopefully, I can get #8 or #12, maybe even #15... #6 would be fun, too.

Last edited:
Told my son he might want to catch some of this.

He said he's seen tournaments on Toboggan. I told him, "Yeah, but those cats Sharpied their names on their discs. They weren't stamped on at the factory."

I remember taking my brother in law to his first NT to spectate, and on the ride home he looks at me shaking his head and says "They can throw a putter farther than I can my Wraith." Seeing it in person really hammers home the skills our sports best posses.

Ricky is conspicuously absent. Has he been back since he got his a** handed to him here by Wiggins as an Am?

Ricky is conspicuously absent. Has he been back since he got his a** handed to him here by Wiggins as an Am?

No, It looks like most of the top Tier pros are skipping this event. You can see the list on the link above.

He's probably just gonna enjoy his latest win..

Devan Owens is signed up for GLO and the Sweden event. Owens, Koling and Ricky are all signed up for Idlewild and an event in Sweden the same weekend.

Hard to play i Ale Sweden and Idewild at the same time. . .but as a Swed i hope Ricky and Simon stays to play Ale, lots of os in the club that going to play Ale just for a chance to se the pros

Looks like many pros are going to stay in Sweden for some time, Skellefteå Open is a fun course but way north i Sweden..more north than i ever been

FPO is very open ( lol ) with Cat and Paige missing. . fun to see Ragna in a big event again, maybe she can even win this?

FPO is very open ( lol ) with Cat and Paige missing. . fun to see Ragna in a big event again, maybe she can even win this?
Had a chance to chat with Ragna when she was in town a few years back. She wasn't a fan of the Toboggan because it has "too many blind holes." :\
... but apparently, she's coming back for more.

I don't know how you'd design a championship caliber course that doesnt involve quite a few blind holes - to make you hit a window, and really shape and hold a line over a distance. Who wants a bunch of 400+ ft holes that are minor variations on straight shots through a bunch of trees?

Hopefully she has had time to play it a few times with it being in longer this year. The course is in excellent shape and looks like it would be a great place for Pros to play. Personally in my Top 5 courses that I have ever played (out of 120) and I hope they leave it open for a month or more next year too so I can go back again. Very much looking forward to this event and cant wait to watch the Pros play it.

Latest posts