• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2019 Idlewild Open

DGPT did not "kick Jomez and CCDG to the curb". They announced their media plan was to take the lead card coverage (post and live) in-house, and Jomez and CCDG CHOSE not to settle for doing 2nd/3rd card coverage. Then DGPT changed their mind a few events into the season and opened up lead card coverage to outside media groups. However, in a lot of cases, Jomez and/or CCDG made alternate plans with their schedules meaning that when the door was re-opened, they were already committed elsewhere for some events, like this one..

Here we go again... you try hard to make it sound like Dodge was the good guy and that Jomez and CCDG just voluntarily chose to not do the lesser cards, but the truth is that Steve Dodge treated Jomez, CCDG, and Smashboxx like (expletive deleted), and then when he was utterly FAILING, he had to bring them back in. Defend Steve Dodge and his greed all you want, but he mucked it up and mucked it up very badly, and set back his and y'all's PPV plan several months..

Last edited:
Here we go again... you try hard to make it sound like Dodge was the good guy and that Jomez and CCDG just voluntarily chose to not do the lesser cards, but the truth is that Steve Dodge treated Jomez, CCDG, and Smashboxx like (expletive deleted), and then when he was utterly FAILING, he had to bring them back in. Defend Steve Dodge and his greed all you want, but he mucked it up and mucked it up very badly, and set back his and y'all's PPV plan several months..

And here you go again. I have no problem with you criticizing Steve's decisions. It's declaring his intentions I have a problem with. You call it greed. Couldn't it be him trying to make the DGPT financially viable? Big difference.

And here you go again. I have no problem with you criticizing Steve's decisions. It's declaring his intentions I have a problem with. You call it greed. Couldn't it be him trying to make the DGPT financially viable? Big difference.

SD loves to talk but hates to listen. Just ignore him.

I have no problem with someone making money honestly.. But what Dodge did to CCDG and Jomez was a zero integrity move, and is made worse by those trying to carefully parse the English language to make him sound like the good guy. I stand by what I said.

source.gif

I have no problem with someone making money honestly.. But what Dodge did to CCDG and Jomez was a zero integrity move, and is made worse by those trying to carefully parse the English language to make him sound like the good guy. I stand by what I said.

SD86. I was there. Steve didn't treat us like ****. He respectfully told us that we were not going to be needed as his plan was to bring the media in house. It was a decision I doubted from the beginning, and was proven correct. I can't speak for CCDG or Jomez. I know there were negotiations that didn't work out.

All the crews were welcome to come from the beginning knowing they weren't able to cover the lead cards. Most chose to go elsewhere.

Business decisions were made.

But frankly, this is all ancient history at this point.

Oh, I listen, or at least I read the posts. Your attempt to dismiss the truth of my posts won't work.

Were you in the room while they made the decisions you claim to know the "truth"? No. Do you have any actual insight besides your own pathetic paranoia? No.

It's your usual self-entitled and misguided opinion. There's zero truth in it, and people directly involved in what you're claiming to be an expert over have told you that. It's not our fault you're too ignorant to listen.

Oh boy, can't wait to see how the Idlewild 2019 thread winds up devolving!

**Rolls 6-sided die that has "Foot Faults", "Basket Quality", "Media Critiques", "Course Critiques", "___ Has Peaked", and "Rules Interpretation" written on the sides.**

...Looks like we got Media Critiques this time!

I have known Steve Dodge at least a bit for quite some time (20 yrs plus) and greedy is not one of the adjectives I would ascribe to him. Impetuous, impatient, and stubborn perhaps but not greedy.

Oh boy, can't wait to see how the Idlewild 2019 thread winds up devolving!

**Rolls 6-sided die that has "Foot Faults", "Basket Quality", "Media Critiques", "Course Critiques", "___ Has Peaked", and "Rules Interpretation" written on the sides.**

...Looks like we got Media Critiques this time!

If we could expand that list to twenty-four without diluting the quality, we can make a bingo card!

You forgot to mention Jussi in that mess.

Latest posts