• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2019 Waco Annual Charity Open presented by Dynamic Discs

Congrats to Cat. She's playing well this year. Good to see her get a good win. Also good to see parity in FPO. If you'd told me 2 months ago that over the first 3 NT/DGPT events of the year that we'd have 3 different FPO winners and none of them was Paige Pierce, I would not have believed you.

Or Hokom.

I'm currently watching final round coverage live ... and am pretty disapointed by the camera work. Sure, this is live, thus no slo mo, but discs fly out of the camera frame too often ... CCDG and Jomez have much better camera work.

Gah. I was hoping to see Uli place high, but he's struggling a bit. Let's see if he can finish strong.

Minor announcer quibble...regarding McBeth's round yesterday (or his round at DGLO last year). It's a great score, it's 18 under for 18 holes, but is it really a perfect round if it includes a par? It's like if a pitcher walks the first batter of the game, gets the next to hit into a double play, then retires the next 25 batters in a row, it's a no-hitter, he faced the minimum number of batters, but it wasn't a perfect game.

a perfect round is probably -21. . he "missed" one birdy and two Eagles that other players got ( not counting teoretical aces )

Ricky and Paul tied going to hole 15. Fun battle here. Just like old times. One advantage of live coverage is that you get a better sense of the atmosphere than you do watching post.

Minor announcer quibble...regarding McBeth's round yesterday (or his round at DGLO last year). It's a great score, it's 18 under for 18 holes, but is it really a perfect round if it includes a par? It's like if a pitcher walks the first batter of the game, gets the next to hit into a double play, then retires the next 25 batters in a row, it's a no-hitter, he faced the minimum number of batters, but it wasn't a perfect game.

My quibble with the announcers is the way Doss and Spring bounce back & forth analogically between a chess match and a boxing match. The two seem pretty far apart.

How can anyone at all be okay with this coverage or even give the money the benefit of the doubt? This is embarrassing for everything Steve Dodge promised and feels like a money ploy by him instead of hiring people who know what they are doing. This is one of those instances where the PDGA need to step in and say "look, we appreciate what you've done and been trying to do by we're going to go in a different direction." They are not following the discs at all and are zooming in on people and not shots. I can't even begin to count how many times I've looked at the lead cards a** instead of their putt at the basket because of shoddy camera work. Such an embarrassment this has become. Free or not

I didn't want to jinx him, so now I can mention Alex Russell. No clue who he is, but he sure had a heck of a round today. Congrats on a nice finish.

Dang it, Eagle. Could have gotten a solid 3rd place. How did he two-putt a hole he parked?

Congrats to Paul on the win. Guess people can stop asking when he'll adjust to those discs.

How can anyone at all be okay with this coverage or even give the money the benefit of the doubt? This is embarrassing for everything Steve Dodge promised and feels like a money ploy by him instead of hiring people who know what they are doing. This is one of those instances where the PDGA need to step in and say "look, we appreciate what you've done and been trying to do by we're going to go in a different direction." They are not following the discs at all and are zooming in on people and not shots. I can't even begin to count how many times I've looked at the lead cards a** instead of their putt at the basket because of shoddy camera work. Such an embarrassment this has become. Free or not

its amazing how people will settle in life

Dang it, Eagle. Could have gotten a solid 3rd place. How did he two-putt a hole he parked?

Congrats to Paul on the win. Guess people can stop asking when he'll adjust to those discs.

True, but we can keep asking that about Ricky, right?

True, but we can keep asking that about Ricky, right?

Were peeps asking about Ricky, too? Didn't he previously bag a lot of the discs he's throwing now? It's not like they're a big mystery to him.

Were peeps asking about Ricky, too? Didn't he previously bag a lot of the discs he's throwing now? It's not like they're a big mystery to him.

It was a joke.

At the level these guys are at, they could throw 1000+ rated rounds with Frisbee pie tins. Changing out their entire bag, then practicing with it for 2-3 months before playing a tournament, and they're not really going to miss a beat.

That it took Paul four tournaments before he notched a win says more about the increased level of competition in the MPO field than it does about his mastery of his Discraft bag.

Paul also had some putting jitters the first couple times out... and he should join the #metoo movement after what happened on those baskets at WTO, lol...

Latest posts