• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT Championship New Format...How Does It work?

but its fun to see, ohn is outdrived every time. . .but she can putt.

If i was a FPO player. . take the drivers out of the bag....play safe. . .and do everything you can to be a good putter

If i was a FPO player. . take the drivers out of the bag....play safe. . .and do everything you can to be a good putter

If is more fun for me to see all players playing well. Kristin and Ohn have different styles for certain.

I don't understand why some people on this board root against some players or outright celebrate when other players are doing poorly.

Don't sell Ohn short, she is a good driver also. An all around good player.

Looking at Ohns round:
She birdys the 3 shortest par 3. . .she pars the longer par 3s
She birdys 3 of the par 5s- - if you can throw 270ft you can reach those baskets in 3 throws
And she bogeys the two longest par 4

So it feel like you dont really need much distance...just play smart, stay safe and make your putts

Looking at Ohns round:
She birdys 3 of the par 5s- - if you can throw 270ft you can reach those baskets in 3 throws

So it feel like you dont really need much distance...just play smart, stay safe and make your putts

True. I never said she threw far though. I just said she is a good driver.

And your analysis is good advice for anyone, probably yourself included. I don't feel this is a fair comparison with Kristin. For players like Mertch, King, Jennifer Allen, yes. But not Kristin.

This is what surprised me most of Kristin's round. She is typically a very controlled thrower, only throwing 70% power on her drives.

She is not one of the longer throwers out there at all, so this makes me believe something else was going on. It is not like her to fall apart like that at all, since her mental game is among the strongest on tour.

Hmmm, Nate and Nate seem much more measured in their commentary today. Seeming to let the play speak for itself and not trying to create unnecessary drama. I like it.

I wish the weather would stop pissing on us here today. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get a round in.

Very odd round in FPO. . strong F9 from KT then it all went sideways
Kind of strange that a injured +45y old can outplay the best young players in a sport
The importance of putting in FPO simply cannot be understated. It is THE separator, no question about it, given how much shorter the layouts are. Even Kristen, with how good she has been off the tee the last few years, wouldn't have won anywhere near as much without putting really, really well herself.

Those top 3 guys all with impressive birdie streaks but what a finish there by Ricky. Calvin gonna be even saltier about his scores from the first rounds not carrying over.

Crazy round by Tattar and I don't think she will be able to catch Ohn who is just too consistent. Would be entertaining to see Kat's reaction to winning this thing.

It's like they are trying to prevent things like Nathan Queen winning from happening. Boo.
It's actually the opposite. The years Nathan won he would have won in this format with his scores. In past years players got infinite strokes; they didn't play early rounds so had no chance of missing the Semis or quarters. Also for fan experience, not seeing the top pros for 2 days limited the reach of the coverage. This year there were a number of players in the 20s in seeding make the top 12. More than previous years, so actually more chances for a Nathan Queen type winner.

I get the concept of trying to reward those who've played the best all season , but not sure "free strokes" below par is the best way to do that.

That said, I can't blame top seeds for using the first round or two to really push the envelope on aggressive play, because as you pointed out, it's pretty low risk in their case.

Given that everyone who makes the finals is on a level playing field when the scores reset, having a good idea of just where you can push it, and where you can't, could very well make a difference in final standings.

With the kind of money they're playing for, every notch up the leader board makes a difference.

$$$$ talks.
In the past players got infinite strokes, they moved right to the quarters and semis. This is far better

Very odd round in FPO. . strong F9 from KT then it all went sideways
Kind of strange that a injured +45y old can outplay the best young players in a sport

Looking at Ohns round:

Yeah, I think Ohn shines on courses like Nevin because she is the best in the field at managing her game. Kristin is really good at it too, but her extra distance might be a double edged sword if she isn't hitting her lines perfectly. Ohn seems to take shots when they are in her favor, never seems to get too greedy, can shape shots incredibly well, and makes her putts.

I hope and I pray to the powers above that Doss never uses the phrase "He nutted that drive down the fairway" again.

Bless Terry's heart for acting as if Kristin were still a factor in the tournament being 7 stokes behind, with 3 players at least 6 strokes ahead.

Is DGPT Championship the last two years the biggest payout of the season?

I feel like that is correct, and I know it has been in the past, but not certain.

Damned near certain it's been the highest payout of the season since 2020.

Who makes the FPO podium was basically decided by the time the lead card completed the front 9.🫤

Last edited:
This round is exposing the weakness of Ohn's throwing style in the woods. Her putting is great but she is not throwing into position to let her putt shine. Missy Gannon is demonstrating a good mixture of driving AND putting allowing her to pull away from the field.