• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: Waco Annual Charity Open 13-Mar to 15-Mar-2020

Forecast has taken a turn for the better:
Waco, TX 10 Day Weather
8:07 am CDTPrint
DAY DESCRIPTION HIGH / LOW PRECIP WIND HUMIDITY
TODAY Cloudy 83°64° 20% SSW 15 mph 70%
FRI MAR 13 AM Showers 74°67° 40% SSE 11 mph 81%
SAT MAR 14 Scattered Thunderstorms 74°61° 40% S 14 mph 84%

Wind may be a little gusty, but that should help keep the humidity bearable

Statement from the DGPT on COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)

The Disc Golf Pro Tour is closely monitoring updates regarding COVID-19 and is aligned with, and following, the PDGA's Guidance regarding the Coronavirus. The upcoming Waco Annual Charity Open, the second stop on the 2020 DGPT, will move forward as planned this week from Thursday, March 12 through Saturday, March 14.

That said, the DGPT is taking steps to ensure proper information and resources are available regarding the virus during the event:

Hand washing stations have been rented for the event and will be available for all competitors, fans, volunteers and staff from Wednesday through Sunday.
Signatures, media appearances and fan interactions are optional for all competitors. All spectators are asked to stay behind spectator ropes and keep their distance from competitors.
The DGPT encourages all competitors, fans, volunteers, and event staff to limit physical interactions.
For more information on specific ways you can stay safe from Coronavirus when attending disc golf events, please consult the PDGA's Guidance Regarding COVID-19.

Yeah we're going anyway. Will do the 'air five' for good shots, and no more "hey can I check out that disc" hand-offs.

We might be the only spectators but will get lots of camera time on DGN :thmbup:

Looks like they changed those short technical par5s into par4s this year. Steve should be pleased...:p;)
Caddybook
https://www.dgpt.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/DGPT-2020-Brazos-Park-East_optm-1.pdf
Final hole is par 3 too now, isnt it? The go-for-it and layup shots and total strokes taken are still the same of course but par makes more sense. Previously, as par 4, too many eagle chances on a wide open crush = par is probably not quite right.
I guess now we'll see if par matters or not.

Anybody seeing Ryan Flowers live scoring on udisc? It shows him 6 or 7 putting on every hole, but hitting every circle 2 in regulation. Is this just a typo thing that happens?

Anybody seeing Ryan Flowers live scoring on udisc? It shows him 6 or 7 putting on every hole, but hitting every circle 2 in regulation. Is this just a typo thing that happens?

Is he getting par-plus-4s for being late?

Yes its clear that's what is happening. I'm guessing the Udisc score guy doesn't know what to do so is just entering 1 drive and then as many putts as is needed to get a par +4.

He's 0/0 in C2 from what I see

I know the DGPT is trying to make this a business and I don't fault them for that but with CV out there, I have a feeling this might be the last Pro Tour event for the near future... They are likely going to be doing this anyway in the weeks/months to come after events get canceled, just give credit or refunds to people who have made the purchase for this month and make this event free to watch.

People are going to be mad anyway, might as well take advantage of some goodwill amongst the people that cant or wont buy the sub. Maybe they can apply for assistance once small businesses start getting stimulus money from the Feds...

Last edited:
Fun to see Paige P playing with the "small" Grip CS2 series bag and it does not look that full, so maybe 12-14 discs total

Wow i went to bed as Drew was about to "make" his birdy putt on 18 .. and i woke up a saw a 5?!?

Many odd scores. . Ricky and Eagle?!

And not Cat, Paige or Hokom on the lead card!!