• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Diamond (in the rough?)

Yes! I've found there can be a significant difference in OPTO Diamonds depending on color...

My 2 year-old neon yellow-green Diamonds have a PLH much lower than 6 month-old red Diamonds. The red typically has a much greater dome, too. The red Diamonds fly more like a lightweight Fury; which is awesome.

Seeing some differences in RGL, too. My newer (yellow) Diamond has a marginally higher PLH and much less dome than my year-old version. The new RGL is also surprisingly pearly, making this Diamond look and fly like a mini TP Underworld; which is also awesome!

My wifes' are both pink and mine is dark orange
Hers have the biggest difference in PLH, with mine in between the two.

I just picked up a couple.
152 Recycled and a 156 Moonshine.
Wanted the Moonshine for the evenings and did not want to go out playing in the dark without knowing what the disc would/could do so I picked up the recycled also.

I have only played one round with it but it is super easy to throw. Decent distance. Sort of funny feeling in the hand due to the size. Hard to believe it has the same rim width as the river. They feel completely different in the hand.

I mostly play a very wooded course. I can see this little disc super useful.
We also have a mess of up hill drives. I am hoping it will fill that gap too.

If I lose intrest, it will be great for my wife and/or children.

My wifes' are both pink and mine is dark orange
Hers have the biggest difference in PLH, with mine in between the two.

Interesting! My same color (similar weight) OPTO Diamonds seem to be consistent; albeit with a very small sample size of a half dozen...

The RGL Diamonds I have are *almost* like completely different discs despite being the same color and weight. Sounds like some OPTO material (formulation? processing?) variations are the culprit with your Diamonds, too.

I just picked up a couple.
152 Recycled and a 156 Moonshine.
Wanted the Moonshine for the evenings and did not want to go out playing in the dark without knowing what the disc would/could do so I picked up the recycled also.

I have only played one round with it but it is super easy to throw. Decent distance. Sort of funny feeling in the hand due to the size. Hard to believe it has the same rim width as the river. They feel completely different in the hand.

I mostly play a very wooded course. I can see this little disc super useful.
We also have a mess of up hill drives. I am hoping it will fill that gap too.

If I lose intrest, it will be great for my wife and/or children.

I recently started hyzer flipping mine - you get a great, low straight shot with very little effort.

I used the Diamond for shots where I used to use a DX Leopard. I really liked my Sparkle Opto one, and now I just picked up a Moonshine one, so my Opto one will be hitting the MP.

Just got my PDGA pack for registering....

Got a black, pearly, gold line Diamond. First time I have seen pearly black GL. It's a subtle pearl, but it's there and it is really nice looking.

Got a black, pearly, gold line Diamond. First time I have seen pearly black GL. It's a subtle pearl, but it's there and it is really nice looking.

I actually was really looking for one of those. If you don't end up keeping it, shoot me a PM.

(has anyone else registered with the PDGA lately? I know people were getting Discraft Stalkers a lot, but if these are the new disc they're giving out, i'll just re-register)

Wait, what?
Goldeline instead of ESP
nice!!!!!
Lat64 is taking over

Gold Line Diamonds are news to me as well.

Pearly Black? Getouttahere!

Guys, i've seen pics of these, people got them in DD misprint boxes before people started getting the legit ones from the PDGA.

They're real, and they look amazing

Here is my black (no pearl) Trespass with my PDGA Diamond (slight pearl)
WP_000028_zpse711ca2d.jpg

***Note: This is not a swirly-pearly blend, but it does have pearl that catches the light pretty beautifully. It was hard to capture on my phone camera since the sun is so bright and I can only do so much with 5 megapixel. ***

And here is some close ups that show the pearl a bit.
WP_000035_zps7feffdc5.jpg

***Note: See how the light refracts along the surface of the Diamond- it is a sort of silver/gold shimmering pearl that looks outstanding with the gold stamp.***

Contrast that with the flat black GL of the trespass:
WP_000032_zps28230f88.jpg

[edit]:

How about 1 more for fun?
WP_000029_zpsd85b38eb.jpg