• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Diamond (in the rough?)

What weight did you get? I'd be curious to see if they're crazy low weights or in the elusive 160g Diamond territory.

I could not tell you. These do not have a sticker or printed weight on them- and I do not have an accurate enough scale to let you know. Apologies!

That last pic shows how nice it is
I wonder if these (GL) will ever be for sale
doesn't really matter to me, as i prefer opto.

from what i've heard, only in the misprint box from DD, or by signing up for PDGA.

I don't know much about weight, but the heaviest one i've seen yet was 156g.

Jkosks could very well be heavier than that though!

Wish they would make GL Diamonds a regular deal. Since GL tends to run slightly heavier, maybe we would see more in the upper 160's. My 169 Opto's are perfect for me and a different animal than the RGL and lightweight Opto's.

I got a Diamond for my girlfriend. She uses it for rollers. She gets better mileage out of her Fugitive. To me, the Diamond didn't do anything that my River wouldn't. Just not sure what place this disc really holds.

I got a Diamond for my girlfriend. She uses it for rollers. She gets better mileage out of her Fugitive. To me, the Diamond didn't do anything that my River wouldn't. Just not sure what place this disc really holds.

sounds like none for you

sounds like none for you

Yeah, but I'm not quite ready to give up on it yet. Then again, I carry way too many discs. You can't blame me though, it's clearly the manufacturer's fault for making so much sexy plastic. Just tossing around ideas in my head about what to put in the bag and what to keep out. Any other River throwers like this too? Or is there a bit too much overlap?

Yeah, but I'm not quite ready to give up on it yet. Then again, I carry way too many discs. You can't blame me though, it's clearly the manufacturer's fault for making so much sexy plastic. Just tossing around ideas in my head about what to put in the bag and what to keep out. Any other River throwers like this too? Or is there a bit too much overlap?

Me and my river don't get along (poor form I guess )
I want something heavier than my diamond, so it came out also
But you are correct on the too much good stuff

I got my 138 opto air diamond over the weekend and gave it the run through.
Baby brother of the River couldn't be more true.
There is one hole I was waiting to use it on and it was a dream come true. Dogleg right hole, gotta get right before 150 feet out and keep going right another 200'. RHBH this disc flipped perfectly out of the gate, hit the corner, flattened out, and put it self within 6 feet of the basket on a steep steep hillside.
Boom.
In the bag.

Wish they would make GL Diamonds a regular deal. Since GL tends to run slightly heavier, maybe we would see more in the upper 160's. My 169 Opto's are perfect for me and a different animal than the RGL and lightweight Opto's.

here are the GL Diamonds, Enjoy :thmbup:

Who has/has thrown a test material diamond?
Do they seem about the same?
Getting a couple for my wife, she uses her diamond for most drives.
She also has a very beat 147 dx leopard for understable slot, but its getting too understable, its starting to dive.
So I thought a few of these test material diamonds would be good replacements.
Any input?

assuming she doesn't throw with the same speed as you or I, they should work fine. Wash them with dishsoap when you get them. They have a funny film that feels slick.

Another good choice would be lightwieight M-JLS's. a little more money but better baseline plastic and similar flights.

She also has a very beat 147 dx leopard for understable slot, but its getting too understable, its starting to dive.
Any input?

I haven't thrown Diamond in TM, but the RGL is pretty close to the Opto.

Thing about Test material is it will beat in pretty quickly compared to sturdier plastic, so they might get flippy like that Leo. I have a Fuse in TM2, and while it isn't as soft as DX, it gets pretty beat up if you hit a few trees, etc.

They're cheap enough that it's certainly worth a try though.

I haven't thrown Diamond in TM, but the RGL is pretty close to the Opto.

Thing about Test material is it will beat in pretty quickly compared to sturdier plastic, so they might get flippy like that Leo. I have a Fuse in TM2, and while it isn't as soft as DX, it gets pretty beat up if you hit a few trees, etc.

They're cheap enough that it's certainly worth a try though.

the leopard is super Beat up and real flippy
so I'm thinking some new diamonds that will beat in kinda fast, will be perfect for her
She love her diamonds so I'll be nice to keep it the same

The TM's beat in super fast, but they reshape pretty well and hold it a while. Just tune 'em up a little when they start getting unreliable.

The TM's beat in super fast, but they reshape pretty well and hold it a while. Just tune 'em up a little when they start getting unreliable.

I have a TM vision and fuse but I have not thrown them much.
The fuse gets some use here, so I know about abusing then fix it.
but the vision is shaped more like the diamonds, and I have only piled it into a couple trees, I moved to saints by the time it showed up.

No matter what, it will be good for here to have all diamonds in her bag, instead of diamonds and leopards.

Any input?

The TM was the flippiest disc I have ever thrown.

Finally got down to pick up a couple of the TM diamonds
Higher PLH than her other OPTO diamonds
First dozen throws she had with them, they seem more stable with a lot of fade!!!
But I am sure that will all change as the get beat in, and shove that PLH down.
which will happen quickly, I am sure.
She likes dx and pro-d plastic, so these are perfect (after they were scrubbed up with some soap)