• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Different Kinds of Rocs...

I've owned and thrown Ranchos, Sannys and Ontarios, and here's my personal take:

The San Marino and Ontario Rocs are not the same disc that made the mold so popular/revered. They're more like an "RL", or a Roc SS. They're not the same mold.

My most beat Ranchos turn much more smoothly and predictably than my beat Sanny or a newish Ontario. Crank them and they turn early and smoothly, finesse them and they turn late and slowly.

I'd personally recommend you try one San Marino and one Ontario, and use them until you're able to beat in a Rancho. But once you get a full array of Ranchos, I think you'll find them to be a much more consistent disc.

Roc faux pas! A Classic Roc is not a "Roc." The Ontario Roc is a 21.7 cm diameter disc that starts out pretty dead stable and beats in to be a nice turnover midrange. The "Classic Roc" is a 21.2 cm diameter overstable disc that is kind of a tweener between a putter and a midrange. When discussing Rocs, we must stick to the 21.7 cm diameter discs. The "Classic Roc" is a completely different thing.

rg-cartoon-1c.png