• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Disc ‘everyone bags’ but you don’t

I FH pretty sparingly...usually a Buzzz when it happens. I've got about 340ft in the tank, 350 on a spry day, and it's not often windy where I play and I usually stay home when it is.

Dang sweet! I can't throw this Z Glo Buzzz 300' ... backhand. Sometimes I can throw a Warden further. Can always throw the Truth further than the Buzzz. It's just not a mold for me.

Dang sweet! I can't throw this Z Glo Buzzz 300' ... backhand. Sometimes I can throw a Warden further. Can always throw the Truth further than the Buzzz. It's just not a mold for me.

Sorry, 340-350 is my BH distance. I definitely don't have that kind of FH...:D

I love Firebirds but I FH with a Thunderbird.

Thunderbird is just a good general duty forehand driver for me. Firebird seems like it's supposed to be more of a specialty disc for those karate-chop anny flex forehands or windy forehands. Although the one I picked up is a dud in that respect, it flies like a Thunderbird.

Last edited:
You guys have never had to really forceover a laughably overstable disc to make a quick and sharp turn, then have it flex out of it real strongly? These big short-medium distance flex shots are staples for wooded utility play.

Anybody who says Firebirds and the like are just crutches has never had to scramble out of sticky situations I guess.

Or the Sticky Situation 99% for the player calls for a narrow gap that must be a straighter flight them what a Firebird can offer they need an Eagle or more US disc to hit the gap.

Pretty stock bag. Aviars, Judges, Zone, Rocs, Wasp, Teebirds, and I like a really beat up Wraiths and Destroyers.

I don't mess with Thunderbirds/Firebirds and I don't throw understable putters unless I'm throwing in the woods.

I usually throw remarkable tee shots, then 4 putt from 50 feet.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 91347DAF-A9C1-40EA-85E6-187CB1E7672A.jpeg
    91347DAF-A9C1-40EA-85E6-187CB1E7672A.jpeg
    146.1 KB · Views: 109
Firebird and discs like it...just useless.

Flick rollers & skip shots. Firebirds are utility discs for sure, but there are definitely uses for them in most people's bag.

For me, I don't bag a Zone or Buzzz, and it seems like I'm the only one who doesn't at this point.

Product contrarian here.

I don't bag any Discraft McBeth stamped discs, and I won't bag the next bandwagon stuff to come along either.

The amount a product is advertised and hyped seems to have an inverse effect on me, causing me to become less likely to purchase the product.

100% agree. Paul McBeth already has enough money, I'm sure as hell not giving him any of mine.

Product contrarian here.

I don't bag any Discraft McBeth stamped discs, and I won't bag the next bandwagon stuff to come along either.

The amount a product is advertised and hyped seems to have an inverse effect on me, causing me to become less likely to purchase the product.

I don't bag any due to 99% of his discs being either over priced in the case of his putter or being OS for top Pro players only.

Flick rollers & skip shots. Firebirds are utility discs for sure, but there are definitely uses for them in most people's bag.

For me, I don't bag a Zone or Buzzz, and it seems like I'm the only one who doesn't at this point.

Nope not alone, I use the more OS Buzz/Truth disc the Shark 3 for midrange. The OS approach putter I do not use, as I use a slow putter like midrange (Shark in Star or Pro ~175 grams for both) that is a 0|2| for the fade and turn will be more OS for slower approach speed, this is in modern approach terminology and not the old term that is the midrange distance shot most use now.

Last edited:
Lucky you. For those of us who end up off the fairway once in a while, they're pretty useful to have

Then off the Fairway I often need the hit the small gap as you can't throw up the way the plants are blocking the celling. So I do not often need that shot the OS overhand or in my case the spike hyzer since I suck at most overhand shots and a Tomahawk would end up like a spike hyzer anyhow. I Still have the disc for the shot anyhow due to wind as well.

Lucky you. For those of us who end up off the fairway once in a while, they're pretty useful to have

I got a Prodigy H1 that I sometimes bag, but I rarely use it and can get pretty similar results out of a distance driver that I can also use for more traditional shots.

...so as someone that carries a 12 disc bag, I'm usually better served giving that slot to an understable putter/mid/fairway depending on the course.