• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc cats

Why loving cats is manlier than loving dogs:
They hunt. (Professionally!)
They bring home the bacon (and birds, and rabbits, and rats, and mice, and moles, and…).
Dogs are armed with teeth…cats are armed to the teeth.
When cats play it sharpens their work skills.
Cats don't need to get all hyped up to attack, they're always interested in pouncing on something.
Cats don't talk their prey to death before pouncing, they get on with it. Cats invented silent but deadly. =D
Cats are their own people, not somebody's "lap dog," even when they are on your lap. Whoever heard of a "yes" cat?
When cats say something it has a purpose. They don't endlessly whine and yammer on like dogs.
Cats are loving and loyal but don't insist on reminding you of it every five seconds, nor do they have to slobber all over you.
It has been said that dogs are like "little furry men" and that cats are like "little furry women"…if this is true then any man who prefers the company of a "little furry man" should probably think long and hard before talking about someone else's masculinity. :p

Cats don't need obedience training and labor intensive grooming. Enough said.

Long haired cats need plenty of grooming. My Boxer mix gets a bath only when he needs it and that's it on grooming.

I've met many cats that would benefit from obedience training as well. I love being bitten for petting a cat. There's also nothing worse than being at a friend's house, walking into the bathroom while a cat's in there doing its business, and coming back into the living room and seeing the damned thing on the kitchen counter.

Dogs eat their own vomit/****/whatever. Their owners then kiss them on the mouths.

'Nuff said. :gross:

You can leave for a weekend, and all you have to do is leave out extra food and water.

I've had cats and dogs....and while I love my dog, having a cat is by far easier.

You haven't met my cat :/

tony_gay_cat.jpg

Your cat?

You can leave for a weekend, and all you have to do is leave out extra food and water.

I've had cats and dogs....and while I love my dog, having a cat is by far easier.

We have two cats. For one of them, this is applicable. The other one though would eat all of the food immediately until it was dead. My fiance is a veterinary practice manager and has dictated that our cats eat on a specific schedule. This is the one area I won't really argue with her, so while your statement is generally true, I'm the one-percenter. :(

Tbird is right though. Unless you start very young, and can really be on top of it, you can't keep them off the counters.

I've always had cats, dogs, or both, and I enjoy both for different reasons.

" Cats rule and dogs drool"?

I know I've never been pissed at a cat owner for not cleaning up after their animal on the dgc.

We have 2 cats in a 45' x 20' basement. 4 litter boxes, cleaned almost daily. They still sh1t on the floor. My dog hasn't crapped in the house (barring illness) since she was a puppy.

Cats are stupid.

Why loving cats is manlier than loving dogs:
They hunt. (Professionally!)
They bring home the bacon (and birds, and rabbits, and rats, and mice, and moles, and…).
Dogs are armed with teeth…cats are armed to the teeth.
When cats play it sharpens their work skills.
Cats don't need to get all hyped up to attack, they're always interested in pouncing on something.
Cats don't talk their prey to death before pouncing, they get on with it. Cats invented silent but deadly. =D
Cats are their own people, not somebody's "lap dog," even when they are on your lap. Whoever heard of a "yes" cat?
When cats say something it has a purpose. They don't endlessly whine and yammer on like dogs.
Cats are loving and loyal but don't insist on reminding you of it every five seconds, nor do they have to slobber all over you.
It has been said that dogs are like "little furry men" and that cats are like "little furry women"…if this is true then any man who prefers the company of a "little furry man" should probably think long and hard before talking about someone else's masculinity. :p

Well said. :thmbup:

We have 2 cats in a 45' x 20' basement. 4 litter boxes, cleaned almost daily. They still sh1t on the floor. My dog hasn't crapped in the house (barring illness) since she was a puppy.

Cats are stupid.

They're probably pissed off at being stuck in a 45' x 20' basement?:confused:

I'm not a cat-whisperer or anything, but chances are...:| :|

My youngest cat (now almost a year) absolutely loves disc golf. She learned to climb into my basket by doing a pullup through the bottom of it. When I putt inside she starts sprinting around making that clicking noise cats make when watching birds out of a window. All I have to do is grab a putter or or ask if she wants to putt and she goes nuts. She also loves hanging out on my Simian bag (previously inside my Voodoo bag).

Attachments

• lyra1.jpg
    lyra1.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 33
  • lyra2.jpg
    lyra2.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 26
  • lyra3.jpg
    lyra3.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 28

Latest posts