• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf as a high school sport?

I would have played it in HS, for sure. Heck, I might even fake my birth certificate to go back and play like this guy.

I like this story from your link:

Coach apologizes: A South Tahoe (South Lake Tahoe, Calif.) softball coach who required players to drink soda out of a shoe for striking out has apologized.

Eight players who struck out against Wooster (Reno) on May 1 were required by coach Anneliese Neitling to drink soda from a member's softball shoe at a team slumber party that night.

we've had a course at the high school since 2002 here in mendocino, it seems that every nice day they are either out there playing golf or ultimate, the p.e teacher has long gray hair and plays with no shirt on. ahhhhhhhh mendo

We have quite a few high schools in the northern suburbs of Chicago that have disc golf clubs. There are several schools with courses on the property or right next to the school.

I have contacted the IHSA (Illinois High School Association) with no response.
http://www.ihsa.org/
Check out the list of activities. Bass Fishing. Come on.

I know there is a school in florence which has a disc golf course next to it, called mars bluff in south carolina. But I don't know if it is on school property or just really close.

When I was in high school in Illinois I participated in cross-country. We had meets and practices off campus. I do not think that would be an issue.

Practice on site?

Up here I can think of tons of sports that don't have practice at their school. Cross country skiing, cross country running, swimming (At least when I was still in school we didn't have a pool yet), golf, and probably some more I can't think of.

And it'd actually be easy to practice it on school grounds. Play in the spring, use the football field for distance throwing and get a few portable baskets for putting and you have easy practice on grounds, and then play a round every third day or something off grounds.

Latest posts