• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf "Best Ball" Event

Tough Shot is a bit more fun. Play Worst Shot but when you're in, you're in, i.e., ony need to make one putt.

People really hate Worst Throw. Making a putt and being told you haven't completed the hole hurts deep in the core. Especially if happens again on the same hole.

Tough Throw on the shorter holes actually results in lower scores for the team than each individual would expect. Everyone likes a seemingly tougher challenge but lower actual scores.

Appendix B: Doubles and Team Play
B.05 Formats

C. Worst Throw
1. Both team members throw from the teeing area. The team's opponents then choose which of the two positions the team will play from, with the goal of maximizing the team's score on the hole. Both team members throw from the resulting lie, and their opponents again choose which of the resulting positions the team will play from, and so on.
2. A team completes a hole when all team members complete the hole from the same lie.
3. The score for a team on a hole is the number of throws for the lies that were played, plus any penalty throws.
4. If a team picks up or marks a thrown disc before their opponents have chosen a lie, the disc is replaced to its original position as agreed upon by the group. The opponents then choose between the resulting lie of the moved disc, the lie of the other disc, and the previous lie as the lie for the moved disc.
5. If the opponents choose a clearly favorable lie, they may be disqualified by the Director.
6. If a team member is absent, late, withdraws, or is disqualified, the team is disqualified.

D. Tough Throw
1. Tough Throw is the same as Worst Throw, with the following variation: A team completes the hole when any team member completes the hole.

I played worst shot exclusively for a few weeks with the idea of improving my game and I think I did the opposite. I hurt my confidence, I quit running putts, etc, etc, etc. When I resumed playing straight up, I was consistently 2 or 3 strokes worse.

Latest posts