• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Cart Pictures and ideas

Since the thread title is "Disc Golf Cart Pictures and ideas" I'll propose this idea. For courses that are hilly/rough, tie your bag to enough helium balloons to keep it a few feet off the ground (with an anchor/weight attached). For those of you that need to drag a keg along, build a Hindenburg.

I like this idea. Problem is, what happens when you gotta go into the brush

Two options (I think):

A long tall cylinder full of helium, allows you to navigate narrower paths but won't work with lots of low overhanging limbs.

Or, a more traditional cigar shaped horizontal bag, which may be problematic with tight turns.

Need to figure the volume/lift numbers for whatever weight you want to bring along in order to determine how large the bag will need to be. May not be practical.

I really like this. Anyone have a parts list?

These are really nice:

disccart6.jpg

80/20 cart

Hey again, so i believe that this is the worlds very first 80/20 aluminum disc golf cart. I have been working in this cart for about 4 years now. It started as a video game racing simulator (mostly) that i got from a guy on Craig's list for a song and now has turned into this duel purpose cart. I say duel purpose because this is also my shore fishing cart. (picture attached). This carts main frame is made up of over 16 feet of 1010 and 1020 aluminum extrusion along with 25 various joining plates. All nuts and fasteners are stainless steel so its basically bullet proof. The cell phone holder really comes in handy if you like keep score on your phone. I also able to mount my blue tooth speaker on the top for when i am in the mood to rock.

Just wanted to show it off. :) The bad news is that the materials to build this cart will run you about $900... Unless you can get lucky like me and find a bunch of it for cheap.

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_0822.jpg
    IMG_0822.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_0823.jpg
    IMG_0823.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 352
900?!
It must be the fasteners. It always is. That much rail would be about 60 bucks from my quick look..
One day at the fab shop should get you everything cut, and played made/drilled with planning...

You got it. The fasteners are the majority of the cost. There are several double wide gusseted corner brackets holding the cart together. Also, over 120 stainless fasteners, stainless t-nuts and stainless washers are a close second. It really adds up:)

Heh. Almost makes it a better investment to buy a tig welder and learn how to weld aluminum. Cause then you get a tig welder out of it :D

yeah... im thinking like 3 courses these would be cool and only if I played a ton of rounds that day really don't see the point.

I understand that you don't really see the point, I really don't see the point of a cart in the first place.

How much does your full bag weigh?

1. Determine the volume of the balloon. The volume of a sphere is 4/3 * pi * r3, where r is the radius of the balloon. So first determine the radius of the sphere (the radius is half the diameter). Cube the radius (multiply it by itself twice: r*r*r), multiply by 4/3 and then multiply by Pi. If you are measuring your balloon in feet, that gives you the volume of the balloon in cubic feet.
2. One cubic foot of helium will lift about 28.2 grams, so multiply the volume of the balloon by 28.2.
3. Divide by 448 -- the number of grams in a pound -- to determine the number of pounds it can lift.

http://www.balloonstothemax.com/files/HeliumChart.pdf

For someone who actually owns a cart, how well do they handle the terrain of the less flat courses. I know my local course has elevation change on 12 of the 18 holes that I couldn't imagine it would be easier to have a cart.

For someone who actually owns a cart, how well do they handle the terrain of the less flat courses. I know my local course has elevation change on 12 of the 18 holes that I couldn't imagine it would be easier to have a cart.

I have a 3 wheeled jogging stroller cart and it handles good on a tougher terrain course. I think that each tire is 12 inches tall and I did fill the tires with green slim to help prevent flat tires. My cart also has a hand brake that I can use like a parking brake if I'm on a hill, it also has additional foot/kick brakes for the rear tires if needed. Lastly I think I have only a total of about $15 invested in my cart because I got it at a great price on craigslist so I'm not afraid to beat the hell out of it on a tough course.

Have any of you guys who built a shelf on your golf pull carts had any durability issues? I'm wanting to make one of these but I'm trying to be sure it'll last me a good while.

Also, any tips on installing a bag shelf would be awesome! Thanks!

I decided to go minimal. I just wanted it look like I put wheels and a handle on my bag. Will likely add a holster for an umbrella and another for a stool.

Attachments

• IMG_20140413_205505.jpg
    IMG_20140413_205505.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 584
I dabbled with this idea. I got one of those Amazon 2 wheeled luggage carts. Mine didn't have a stool attached, but it looked identical otherwise, all the way down to the undersized wheels. It only took me one round to bail on it.

Problems:
Too short. I kept kicking it as I pulled it behind me.
Not hill friendly. It fell forward whenever it wasn't set at the correct angle on an incline.
Occasionally it bounced enough to tilt over, and I kept dragging it and picking it up.
It needed a wider wheelbase w/ taller wheels and a longer pull handle.

Even though I could've modified it for cheap, I decided a bag isn't so bad. Maybe when I can justify needing one, I won't feel so embarrassed sporting a cart on the course. The 3 wheel push (not pull) cart is the way to go. I also love the long fabric pocket organizer. But the bigger it gets, the more course accessibility becomes a concern.

Here's what I've been working with. I should be able to fit a cooler on the bottom, but I need to work out the mount. Everything on the cart disconnects quickly, so I can find it all up and fit it in the trunk. It takes less than 5 minutes to set it up or take it uploadfromtaptalk1410321811830.jpguploadfromtaptalk1410321841690.jpg

Backpack cart

20141203_184602.jpg

20141203_184456.jpg

20141203_184051.jpg

My new backpack cart prototype. Pack can be removed and installed in seconds. Ultra portable. Love it so far.

Latest posts