• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Comics

****ing terrible.

Thoroughly considered reporting it...I still may. Most posters above me are right, that's ammo for disapproving new course installations:|

****ing terrible.

Thoroughly considered reporting it...I still may. Most posters above me are right, that's ammo for disapproving new course installations:|

I read the first few comments this AM and had to post in the VIP b/c I thought maybe I was crazy but no, these are turrrrrrrribL.

Hello everyone at DG Course Review. My name is Jake, i create disc golf based comic strip called "Ernie the First Tee Tree". I have been running it as a blog at infinitediscs.com, but just recently opened a facebook page as well and I am trying to get the word out as production has increased. I love the game of disc golf and want to expand the culture around it. I am including a link below. If anyone has time to take a look, I would love to hear your feedback. People who don't play won't understand, but I'm sure many of you have already met Ernie.

https://www.facebook.com/Erniethefirstteetree?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

All trees on disc golf courses that are going to be seriously damaged by discs should get some kind of protection. I even think that all trees that are likely to be somewhat damaged or even visibly damaged in any way should also get some type of protection. People say things like "the trees aren't killed" or "xyz does more damage to trees than a disc" - both of which are often true. But, an ugly , beat up, obviously damaged tree isn't a good thing for disc golf. Period. It doesn't matter that a tennis court would have been worse than a disc golf course - the disc golf course is there and we need to stop pretending that we aren't damaging trees.

Our courses need more tree protection and that's just the simple truth. Even if it's just to show that we made an effort and that we recognize that we have an impact, and that we care about the trees and the natural environment on our courses. Those beat up trees on your local course might not be dead, but they are going to have a much shorter, unhealthier life after the impacts of thousands of discs over the years, especially those trees getting hit at near range from the tee.

All that being said, your comic is dumb. You're not trying to build the culture of disc golf, you're one-note pointing at a negative aspect of poor design and impacts that disc golf has on unprotected trees. Just say that, instead of saying you love the sport and want to help it. I want people to start protecting their course's trees, but your comic is just going to fuel the people trying to get courses removed. You are either very misguided or disingenuous.

Man some of yall are real jerks, can't imagine what playing a round with you would be like. At least give the guy some constructive criticism. Just because he asked for your thoughts doesn't mean you have to be an ass about it.

Sheesh, this forum sometimes...

Man some of yall are real jerks, can't imagine what playing a round with you would be like. At least give the guy some constructive criticism. Just because he asked for your thoughts doesn't mean you have to be an ass about it.

Sheesh, this forum sometimes...

Didn't see any one being an ass about it. Told him the truth without the sugar coating. This is the internet, he can't be overly sensitive, like you're being, when he asks for an opinion here. You think we should send him a participation trophy or something?

Latest posts