• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Comics

BasketHunter

Hello everyone at DG Course Review. My name is Jake, i create disc golf based comic strip called "Ernie the First Tee Tree". I have been running it as a blog at infinitediscs.com, but just recently opened a facebook page as well and I am trying to get the word out as production has increased. I love the game of disc golf and want to expand the culture around it. I am including a link below. If anyone has time to take a look, I would love to hear your feedback. People who don't play won't understand, but I'm sure many of you have already met Ernie.

https://www.facebook.com/Erniethefirstteetree?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

I don't facebook, but the concept has potential...

That's pretty funny! The art is really good too. I don't Facebook either but post some up here!

Just a thought... isn't this concept sending a bad message?
I saw the tree in the first one and thought about that article (posted here somewhere... I forget now which thread) where the journalist cites tree damage to convince readers to disallow disc golf in local parks...

Yeah, every one that I read was certainly painting disc golf in a bad light. Some of it is inside-joke-like, but plays off as just plain bad to anyone who's not in the DG world.

Very well drawn, good job, but the damaged tree theme is detrimental to new course installations. I am trying to get a course in my backyard park and the city would absolutely kill my plans if they read these comics.

yeah, that looks like it...

I see these comics and what I interpret from them is that disc golf and natural surroundings are at odds with each other...

In my experience, disc golf does much to help maintain nature by bringing more people into natural spaces that actually care to maintain these places... most disc golfers care about keeping these spaces clean from litter and maintaining the health and wellness of the fauna and flora.

The thing that stood out to me in these comics is that disc golf damages trees. If that's what you're trying to get across you succeeded.

Not in MN. Beer cans and disc chargers abound.

that happens at some courses... I've seen some examples of serious litter issues... however, folks like me pick up stuff and carry it out as we go... but yeah, some places have just too much... however, I think these are nothing but examples of the exceptions rather than the rule

I've never cared too much about graffiti... for the most part :\

I will just come out and say it, I thought the cartoons were awful. That's not even taking in to consideration the tree-damage comments in this thread. To be fair, I didn't read all of them, as I didn't have the patience to get past the first 4 or 5 I read. I didn't even chuckle once. No offense, just my opinion, since the OP was asking.

I will just come out and say it, I thought the cartoons were awful. That's not even taking in to consideration the tree-damage comments in this thread. To be fair, I didn't read all of them, as I didn't have the patience to get past the first 4 or 5 I read. I didn't even chuckle once. No offense, just my opinion, since the OP was asking.

Ouch :popcorn:

2nd that.

Sorry. :eek:

I just read about 5 of them and yeah they are not funny at all. It seems the comic writer has a beef with disc golfers around trees. I doubt the OP posts in here again.

LoL - Thanks to the others for saying it first. I read through most (maybe all?) of them, hoping to be slightly entertained at some point, but nah. Props on the artwork, I can appreciate the effort that went into making this, it looks pretty darn good. But the content? Nope. I almost came in here and said something along the lines of "garbage" but several others had said "not garbage" then I was questioning myself and not wanting to be the internet bully, so I abstained from posting anything - If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all... Now I'm just buzzed enough to not care about my online appearance and go on a mini rant about how I didn't think this was very good. Thanks for reading. Sorry. If you take your art in another direction, I would be excited to see more comics. I will subscribe to the facebook page, and look forward to seeing more - in hopes that it doesn't drag on like this. Thank you.