• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Coming to the PS3

jhgonzo

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
GDC-10-PlayStation-Move-and-Sub-Controller-Photo-Gallery.jpg

Apparently the new PlayStation Move motion controller will be used in the upcoming (Fall 2010) game "Sports Champions".

"New PlayStation®Move allows players to engage in actions such as pulling a bow, lunging forward with a sword, blocking attacks with a shield, or perfectly tossing a disc into the goal several hundred feet away to score the big win!
"Choose from one of 10 athletes from around the world to play a wide range of exotic sporting activities that include Disc Golf, Gladiator Duel, Volleyball, Archery, Table Tennis and Bocce."

I love how they describe it as "exotic" and lump us in with archery and swordfighting! There are screenshots of the game in the above link, but nothing showcasing the DG game.

$100 for a wii remote and R&D wasted = fail
^ "All to achive more percision" - What Sony said about using Ninty's designs and not...changing...much?

I wonder if it'll have the same music as Wii Sports Resort :p

Kinda like 360's Natal...what will that do? Honestly...scrap the systems and keep up with PC in DX11!

I seriously wonder how many consumers who own both a Wii and PS3 are going to be willing to fork over more money for what looks like another Wii controller...but apparently the PS Move requires the PS Eye accessory, yet there will be a starter pack including both (and a game) for around $100. I'll probably just play the demos at the game store in the mall.

when are they going to come out with a legit DG game sponsored by Innova that features all the pros and hundreds of the courses? you don't need a move sensing controller to pull it off. just use the regular PS3 controller like in the Tiger Woods game.

The motion controller's color changing sphere and built-in vibration feedback react to your actions and movements to create engaging experiences that are not only reflected on-screen, but also delivered directly to the palm of your hand. Watch as your sphere lights up when you cast the correct spell or mix the perfect paint color. Feel the timer run out or the recoil of your smoking gun.

So when i throw my Red disc, i guess the color will be red?

Cool idea... for 5 year olds.

Maybe it's me, but I thought the video game demographic is aging with the times.

I wonder what benefit vibration feedback would have in real-life DG.

Wow! they gave up more than half the video time to DG! I think I'm off to buy a PS3 now. It's not going to do anything for my game, but its something to do while home at night.

I thought it looked pretty darn cool! The course looked great. I noticed he wasn't giving much effort and it was still going pretty far. basically just flicking his wrist lol But hey, it would still be a blast to play

thanks for posting that vid. im a huge gamer and that one looks like a BIG improvement from the tiger and wii versions of the sport. why you need 2 controllers for it is beyond me...but whatever. forward progress is forward progress.

to you video game insiders lurking out there (i know youre reading this...:p):

you need someone who is familiar with current video game aesthetics and the sport to be a bridge between the two camps.

i just so happen to be for hire. :)

let me know if you are in the market for some supplementary insight.

Yeah, the basket is huge and I hope it doesnt do that gay player intro all the time; but it looked like the guy did somewhat of a typical putting motion when he putted

Omg seeing I love PS3 and Disc Golf this seems like my favorite.

I have mixed feelings about this. Disc Golf has done more to get me off the couch, and outside, than anything in a long time, and making a video game out of it just seems, I don't know, counter-intuitive. I can see playing it in the winter time if you're somebody who lives in a snowy climate.

The big issue I'm seeing is that my kids will master a sports game on the Wii (the bowling on wii sports is the PERFECT example), and then when they're not as good in real life as they are on the game, they don't want to play it in real life anymore. We love playing disc golf as a family, and I personally will keep it an 'outside only' game.

Just the way it looks from my perspective ..