• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf For Old Guys

DiscFifty

Banned
I didn't see any threads for us old timers, so I thought I would start one. ;) lol.

I've also started a FaceBook Page here:

https://www.facebook.com/discgolfforoldguys

I started playing mainly as part of my weight loss program, but now I'm addicted to this sport! Problem is, my mind wants to play more than my body does. :) lol...

another oldie here 48 young newbie.. my mind says I can.. Its just the body that says no.

I'm old and don't facebook. CallText me and we'll sport bitch about how putting is more important than throwing far☺

I am old too, don't facebook. Can't text or call either, don't cell phone. Got a landline, don't really answer that either. Dang, I am old. :doh:

I call it the Advil division of disc golf.....we watch the young kids throw and then mutter to each other about how we used to be more flexible..

Welcome and ......ahh.....I forgot......gotta go take a nap

i feel older just reading this thread

i was sure i was one of the older guys when we were discussing whats in your bag (besides discs)
and i said the most important is advil and bengay

43 but my nephew tells me I have the back of a 60 year old. Waiting for multiple sets of teeboxes to enter the sport like ball golf.

If there's going to be an old fogey thread, I want it to ban any talk of practicing to improve your game. I practice to slow the decline.

...we watch the young kids throw and then mutter to each other about how we used to be more flexible...

Understood, but I'd change that to, "...mutter to each other about how much easier that shot is with a roller." Kids.

A couple things to remember, guys ... 1) We gotta stick together; together we're a force, alone we're just some old guy wandering around the park; and, 2) Brains over brawn; we can out think the kids (see reference to rollers, above). Throw smarter, not harder!

Hello to all us 'seniors' out there. I was recently lamenting the fact that, as a high schooler, I was able to start a new sport, be sore for a day or two, then just get into the groove of it. Now, at 52, I'm sore after every multi-round day. Oh well, I'll still keep throwing! :thmbup: