• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Miscellaneous Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahhh come Team DGCR......give the guy a break.

You ever get up to a tee and stand on the line....you know gauging the wind, the gap or the line you want to fly, the distance, the light. Kick a few rolly polly pebbles off the tee, wipe your disc off, get a great grip, see the release angle, the reach back, the hit, the follow through, the flight.....take a few steps back, take a breath or three....focus down the fly line, start your approach and x step and then stub a toe on the turn.

I hate when that happens.

Well I haven't seen anything that is really general. Also I am new to forums so please excuse my stupidity on this matter.

Good thing you chose to start a new thread instead of looking around a little! :p We're a very small group obsessed with a niche sport. There isn't a whole lot of information that hasn't already been covered. Welcome to the forum and, please, try to familiarize yourself with the search button before hitting the new thread button. Not trying to be mean.

Oh, and I've heard that diving for discs and keeping whatever you find, whether it has contact info on it or not, isn't stealing in any way shape or form because any disc that is in water is abandonment, regardless of the circumstances.

Also, the Roc is better than the Buzzz, but the Comet is the best of all!

Last edited:
Good thing you chose to start a new thread instead of looking around a little! :p We're a very small group obsessed with a niche sport. There isn't a whole lot of information that hasn't already been covered. Welcome to the forum and, please, try to familiarize yourself with the search button before hitting the new thread button. Not trying to be mean.

Sorry I'm really new here, but I did search a bit, and I didn't find any threads that were general, and people could just chat on it. The forums don't have any sort of chat feature that I know of so I was thinking this thread could sort of be like that. And if you read the past posts, that is a perfect example of the type of stuff that this thread is for.

*start rant

I haven't played a round in over a month as I got discouraged after losing 3 discs in a week. My bag seems weak without those discs and I need to suck it up and go play. I lost my Special Edition Leopard in the water; a Riptide in the same creek next hole different round; and my biggest butthurt is from leaving my Z-Flick somewhere. I guess I just didn't pick it up ater a throw. I guess one of the worse (to me) things is that my bag had just gotten where I wanted it and all the discs were blue or white. I can't afford to go buy new discs to replace them so I am going to use discs I have already. I am thinking a Champion Tee-Bird or Z-Surge will find their way into the bag. Both of which are pink... Sorry for being a whiney bitch but I do feel better.

*end rant

I am posting to up my post count. I'm sure I'm the only one though. Shame on me.

Sorry I'm really new here, but I did search a bit, and I didn't find any threads that were general, and people could just chat on it. The forums don't have any sort of chat feature that I know of so I was thinking this thread could sort of be like that. And if you read the past posts, that is a perfect example of the type of stuff that this thread is for.
I really wasn't trying to be mean with my post. I can be direct and sarcastic/snide without meaning to be. I often forget sarcasm doesn't transfer well over text. I'm glad to see you join and grow the community.

As for the chat, I think tim had this feature enabled for a little while in the early days (before I joined) but turned it off because it wasn't being used. This might actually be useful nowadays though. We have a name for someone replying to a new thread with multiple links to duplicate threads. It's called the prerube, named after the "founder" of the movement. Having the chat would be a nice way to let new members familiarize themselves without incurring the new thread police/prerubes.

I just got thru re-designing 3 holes at my "home" course.
Some folks are realllyyy gonna hate what I did with #9.
:D

I really wasn't trying to be mean with my post. I can be direct and sarcastic/snide without meaning to be. I often forget sarcasm doesn't transfer well over text. I'm glad to see you join and grow the community.

As for the chat, I think tim had this feature enabled for a little while in the early days (before I joined) but turned it off because it wasn't being used. This might actually be useful nowadays though. We have a name for someone replying to a new thread with multiple links to duplicate threads. It's called the prerube, named after the "founder" of the movement. Having the chat would be a nice way to let new members familiarize themselves without incurring the new thread police/prerubes.

It's fine. I do appreciate the info. I don't want to violate the forum law. And it does seem like a chat feature would be useful for the reasons you said and because it would be nice to chat with people. I am always on and always wanting just to chat with others about disc golf.

*start rant

I haven't played a round in over a month as I got discouraged after losing 3 discs in a week. My bag seems weak without those discs and I need to suck it up and go play. I lost my Special Edition Leopard in the water; a Riptide in the same creek next hole different round; and my biggest butthurt is from leaving my Z-Flick somewhere. I guess I just didn't pick it up ater a throw. I guess one of the worse (to me) things is that my bag had just gotten where I wanted it and all the discs were blue or white. I can't afford to go buy new discs to replace them so I am going to use discs I have already. I am thinking a Champion Tee-Bird or Z-Surge will find their way into the bag. Both of which are pink... Sorry for being a whiney bitch but I do feel better.

*end rant

Don't worry about it. We all have days (or weeks) like that. Losing a disc is the worst feeling.

Here's how I putt.

If I don't think about it, I miss chains 2 feet right.
If I aim 2 feet left, I miss chains 2 feet left.
If I aim dead center and concentrate, I might make one or two dead center, then miss chains 5 feet right.
I'm not kidding.

If I think about it, I think about:
- Thumb position.
- Grip pressure.
- Index finger position.
- Other finger position.
- Position of disc against palm or away from palm.
- Amount of wrist cock.
- Position of front foot.
- Position of back foot.
- Target for focus (link, nub, pole, etc.).
- Amount of bend at waist.
- Shoulder orientation.
- Weight distribution before motion.
- Pre-shot routine, if any.
- Position of disc relative to body left to right.
- Position of disc relative to body up and down.
- Hyzer angle of disc in hand.
- Mung angle of disc in hand.
- Weight transfer during motion.
- Push with off leg.
- Amount of knee bend.
- What to do with off hand.
- Hand position after release.
- Shoulder orientation during throw.
- Follow-through.
- Amount of wrist flick, if any.
- Speed of flight.
- Release hyzer angle.
- Release mung angle.
- When to let go of disc.

fruit.gif

So basically this is a thread that is all threads but nothing at the same time.

seems-legit_o_205222_large.jpg

Here's how I putt.

If I don't think about it, I miss chains 2 feet right.
If I aim 2 feet left, I miss chains 2 feet left.
If I aim dead center and concentrate, I might make one or two dead center, then miss chains 5 feet right.
I'm not kidding.

If I think about it, I think about:
- Thumb position.
- Grip pressure.
- Index finger position.
- Other finger position.
- Position of disc against palm or away from palm.
- Amount of wrist cock.
- Position of front foot.
- Position of back foot.
- Target for focus (link, nub, pole, etc.).
- Amount of bend at waist.
- Shoulder orientation.
- Weight distribution before motion.
- Pre-shot routine, if any.
- Position of disc relative to body left to right.
- Position of disc relative to body up and down.
- Hyzer angle of disc in hand.
- Mung angle of disc in hand.
- Weight transfer during motion.
- Push with off leg.
- Amount of knee bend.
- What to do with off hand.
- Hand position after release.
- Shoulder orientation during throw.
- Follow-through.
- Amount of wrist flick, if any.
- Speed of flight.
- Release hyzer angle.
- Release mung angle.
- When to let go of disc.

fruit.gif

Ever seen "The Last Samurai"? There's a quote for you: "Too many mind."

Last edited:
I heard Innova is going to make a new disc in the next year. Keep it on the down low. Also Discraft will most likely do an ace race next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts